WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am in the process of buying a watch from Passione Vintage - Home Page. They are located in Palermo, Italy.

Now I would like to ask you if you think I should go through with the purchase? ..based on following facts that I have checked out:

This is the watch: Dettagli Orologio: ULYSSE NARDIN - MAXI MARINER CHRONOMETER POWER RESERVE

1. Store exists on google maps, next to Prada (good location)
07-05-2015 10-18-12.jpg

2. Store has 360 degrees inside view, looks good
3. Store website shows google maps location correctly
4. I emailed them asking for certificates of the watch and where it has been bought from - I got reply with both the same day.
5. I emailed for more fotos - They sent me more fotos
6. I personally called the store with the number found on the website - which is also in google maps and have them put the watch on hold for me (which they did according to the website)
7. I have found review of them: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/passionevintage.com

Problems:

1. The website is very slow (Maybe normal in Italy / Spain)
2. There are only two fotos of the watch online (as of this writing) and they show different time, date and charge, BUT the hand showing seconds is at the exact same position - maybe they just used the crown to change the time, date and charge??? here is a foto of the comparison:
5016462625.jpg
3. I called about that - they knew who I was from my emails (good) and said they would send updated pictures.

So what you think? Is this 100% legit?

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think 100% legit.

Anyway you can evaluate a vacation in Italy this summer and examine it in person.
The Sicily is really beautiful !!!

;-)

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hi, been tempted by some of their watches in the past but never pulled the trigger - probably wouldn't hesitate though as PV offer trusted checkout on Chrono24 now (7 successful ones by the looks of it). Bizarrely yours isn't on there though (would have "reserved" next to it rather than removed altogether), but you can always ask them to upload it and buy through the platform. Will cost you an extra 2% but probably worth it for peace of mind. Best of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts