WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am considering buying a Casio G-Shock GW-5000-1 from Japan using either Rakuten Global Market (from a seller called, At Jewerly Music Hamano) or Seiya. Both of these sellers have good reviews and ratings.

I realise that there are also two different GW-5000 models, one being from 2009 and have 'purple' colour and the other from 2012 and having a 'dark blue' colour on the solar panel. I cannot tell from the images. My preference is the 2012 'dark blue' model.

My question is, which company should I consider buying from, or are there better sellers and which model (2009/2012) are they selling?

Here are the links:

At Jewelry Music HAMANO | Rakuten Global Market: 20% off

CASIO G shock GW-5000-1JF MULTI BAND 6 JAPAN MADE | seiyajapan.com

Any information is appreciated. :)

Regards,

Ardva

·
Premium Member
14,602 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ardva,

This question would be better served in the Casio forum. Possibly Sedi can get it moved. He is a moderator of the G-Shock forum. But since I saw it, here it goes.

Seiya is a great seller with a lot of loyal G-Shock fans. They have great service. I have only bought two Japan only watches through Rakuten. I used e-bloom for my purchases, it was not a GW-5000. The GW is a grail watch among many of the Square faithful, myself included. At my peak of the Square collection I had 10 different versions of squares.
I am not familiar with the other seller, so I can not offer advice on that one.

Good luck wit your purchase and research. As I stated, if this is moved to the G-Shock forum you will receive more responses.

Regards,
Rocat

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum Ardva! - I moved the thread to the G-Shock forum for better coverage.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Well I'm not very knowledgeable about the squares but didn't know that the GW-5000 came with any purple or blue colors…

I recently got one from e-bloomstore on Rakuten and it is (what I thought) was the standard black color. It was also a little less expensive than the prices at either of the places you mentioned.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
I think the "dark blue" and "purple" only refers to the color of the solar panels.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Sedi, you are correct.

Another user, halfapie, created a thread about the solar panel variation in this particular watch. I think that I confused myself about the different solar panel colour as opposed to the natural reflection/colour change in different lighting.
Here is a link:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/gw-5000-1jf-solar-panel-color-variation-updated-pics-323060.html

Also, Thank you for moving this thread into a more suitable category. :)

Mr Guzman,

Thanks for your recommendation. I had checked out the Higuchi-Inc website but I could not find anything regarding the GW-5000. I will try to send him an email.

Cheers, Ardva

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I was curious about this myself, I'm not sure it even comes down to year does it? I was looking for a gw5000 and also would like the dark blue but can't find a definitive way to find out which one I'd get

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I received an email from Mr Higuchi saying that the watch would cost approximately 320 USD. Seiya had a similar price, but in comparison to the prices listed on Rakuten, it's a little on the high side.

e-Bloom and Tip-Top have the best prices. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding buying from each of these stores?

At the moment, I am thinking about using e-Bloom.

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
I received an email from Mr Higuchi saying that the watch would cost approximately 320 USD. Seiya had a similar price, but in comparison to the prices listed on Rakuten, it's a little on the high side.

e-Bloom and Tip-Top have the best prices. Does anyone have any recommendations regarding buying from each of these stores?

At the moment, I am thinking about using e-Bloom.
I have purchased several watches from e-bloom, with no problems. Their shipping is normally very fast. Have never purchased from Tip-Top. E-bloom's prices are also typically some of the best available.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I was curious about this myself, I'm not sure it even comes down to year does it? I was looking for a gw5000 and also would like the dark blue but can't find a definitive way to find out which one I'd get
Casio stopped producing the GW-5000 between like 2010 and 2012 and when they started re-production the started using more blue~ish solar cells and I have still seen purple~ish tints being used.

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,356 Posts
Mine from mid 2013 is purple. Ottovonn will hopefully lend some thought to this, I know each of his GW-5000s are very distinctly blue and purple.
Yes, I own one of each solar cell color type. I bought both within two months of each other, the purple first then the blue one second. I think getting either color is pretty much up to chance.

Reactions: idkfa

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I bought my GW5000 from Seiya in 2013 (back when they were around $400), he was very professional in his communication, it arrived on time and he had included a 2013 G-Shock catalogue in the package. Very good service and at the time had the best price including fast shipping. Seiya is my recommendation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my GW5000 from Seiya on March this year production end of 2013. Seiya service was as usual outstanding, highly recommended .
My solar panel color was more the dark blue but I guess it is just random to component batches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
got my GW5000 from seiya. very smooth transaction and fast shipping. highly recommended.
Yeah, I saw your post in WRUW! Very nice, you now have THE square. It will sit in survey of its subjects, and rule with an iron case. Well, a steel case, but you know. :-!

Nice snag! So what's next on your agenda?

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I have purchased a couple gw-5000 from katsu with no issues. Seiya's service is also very good and his shipping speed tends to be faster than Katsu.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yeah, I saw your post in WRUW! Very nice, you now have THE square. It will sit in survey of its subjects, and rule with an iron case. Well, a steel case, but you know. :-!

Nice snag! So what's next on your agenda?
Guess i have to rest for now...:)

But i'm still on the look out for a dw5600c for sentimental reasons. Just can't justify it now as i purchased 5 G's in 2 months (not too good).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts