WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about to pull the trigger on an SARB 023. I've done my due diligence on researching the threads on Seiya/ Higuchi and Chino and am pretty satisfied with what i've read regarding the integrity of all these dealers. Chino seems best value quoting cheaper than Higuchi by approx 5USD (seiya works out about 60USD more than the others, so is out). I noticed that buying from Chino with a credit card involves PayPal whilst it seems you can buy from the Higuchi website directly. My question is, are there any extra charges associated with buying from Chino via PayPal? The typical 4pc charge when added would swing things in Higuchi's favour. Any examples from your own experiences and any other tips would be welcome. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I've bought both from Seiya and Chino, the last time through Chino was roughly three months ago and I used a credit card via Paypal.. The price listed on this website was the final price price I paid. It was all inclusive, shipping, duties, fee, etc. No hidden fees or additional charges, so don't sweat it. Enjoy the Sarb. It's a fine watch!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I have purchased from Chino via Paypal, and the price stated is what you pay. I have also bought through Higuchi with a credit card, and you pay in yen, not your local currency. This turned out to be in my favor as the USD was strong the day I bought and I got it cheaper by about 50 usd vs Paypal. My credit card did not charge me any fees for the transaction, and this was 2 weeks ago and so far no additional charges have been added to my statement. So the next time I will probably go with Higuchi and credit card unless the exchange rate is not in my favor.

Cheers

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Pricing aside .............

Katsu Higuchi is as fine a dealer and person as I have ever come across.
If it was even close on price .............. he would get my vote.

I bought all my Campanola's from him and the experience couldn't have been better.

Just a great guy !

Kurt Behm

·
Registered
20,322 Posts
Re: Pricing aside .............

If you pay directly from Paypal there shouldn't be any other charge.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts

I've made about a dozen purchases from Seiya-san in the past and he's a great guy! He even personally helped me track down limited edition Seikos when I could not find them through the traditional avenues because they were all sold out. Seiya-san is essentially a one-man operation, not a brick and mortar so his prices are generally higher than Higuchi and Chino.

I've also made a handful of purchases from Chino and they seem to have the lowest prices amongst the big three JDM sources, but I haven't purchased any JDM pieces in awhile, so not positive this still remains true. For example, back in 2009 when I picked up my Marine Master from them, their price was just around $1800 while Higuchi and Seiya were already over $2100.

I've only used Paypal with Seiya and Chino for all of my purchases.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks to all the replies, very helpful. I'll post pictures when it arrives......

·
Registered
27 Posts

If VAT at 20% is already inclusive then it's fine to purchase from the cheapest quote, otherwise my money goes to the exporter who removes that Japanese price tag from the watch before shipping, this way I have a slight chance of paying much less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts