WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Newbie here seeking a little advice on my first TAG purchase. After some research and visiting my local AD a couple times, I think I am set on purchasing the WAT2010.BA0951:
wat2010ba0951.jpg

I have been trying to find the model with Roman numerals on the bezel but it seems to be discontinued and impossible to find. The best the AD could do was 15% off retail which is still about $500 more than Jomashop. I am still trying to outweigh the pro's and cons of AD vs GM. Anyways, tonight my AD, told me that I should try and make a decision soon because they do prices changes twice a year and that things will probably go up. Is that true? I feel that she was just trying to push the sale considering its last years model. I just cant see this watches price going up with new models coming out this year. Anyways, any advice on this watch or any in regards to purchasing my first TAG would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hi there,

TAG prices are indeed going up twice a year, usually in March and September.
Normally, discontinued models stay at the same price or go down a little and new models go up.
15% discount on a discontinued model is a bit low, they should be able to give you some more discount.

As for AD vs GM: like every other matter of security/guarantee, it's a about taking your chances.
If you are going to use this particular watch for normal daily use (as a dress watch), I would rather go to a GM and save some money.
Maybe you can ask your AD to meet you half way on the GM price?

As for advice on this watch: I have the "old" Link Chrono Calibre 16 auto, and it's a great watch. The quality and fit of the Link bracelet is perfect,
I have never owned a more comfortable watch. Although I haven't tried on the new model, I guess it's also a pleasure to wear.
As for advice on TAG Heuer: they have some great looking watches with a wide range of models and prices. I bought the Link last year for a more classy look,
yesterday I bought an Aquaracer 500M Calibre 5 auto (gray dial) for a more sporty look.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
RDK- Thanks for the detailed response.

Is the model I am looking into one that would be going up? I was under the impression that it came out last year so newer models would be coming out. On a side note, how often does TAG release new watches? Will be be seeing some this year?

Right I am currently waiting for a response from an AD in Pennsylvania to see if they can work with me on price. I am trying to avoid sales tax. I would be using this watch everyday.

I tried the LINK watch on last night, it does have a great fit and feel to it. At first I was considering the Grand Carrera but it looked a bit large on my wrist. Amazon also had the Grand Carrera at $3400 compared to the AD at $5100. It made me consider it since it since it wasnt that much more money compared to an AD price of a LINK. I think I am going to go with the LINK for my first time around. I just love its look and feel

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hi again,

The model you are looking into was released in August last year so it will be the current series for the next 3 years or so. That also means prices are going to be raised.
Looking at old catalogues, TAG updates most models about every 4 years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please ;-)

By the way, you showed a picture of a WAT2010.BA0951 (with numbers on the bezel), but you are looking for the WAT2012.BA0951 (with Roman numerals on the bezel)?
Thas one is still available in the Netherlands (MSRP ± $ 2986) so I guess it's available in other countries too..

And yes, the Link is an awesome watch! The S-shaped bracelet links are iconic.

Happy hunting! ;-)
Rob

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The model I prefer is the one with the Roman numerals. However, its discontinued and hard to track down by all AD's I contact. The GM dealer Alan Furman managed to track one down for me and gave me a price that is $100 less than the AD's quote for the version without Roman numerals. Now I have to decide whether its better to save $100 and get the model I prefer but deal with GM warranty or spend $100 more and get my second choice watch that comes with the 2 year TAG manufacturers warranty. Not sure what to do

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love my Day/Date Tag. I picked it up at the after Christmas sales in Bloomingdale's. I was in Harrods in London before New Years and the guy at the Tag area hadn't actually seen one just yet (which I thought was weird). I have to say I really do love this watch. Tag makes an incredibly solid watch. I just got an Omega PO on Monday, but before that the Tag rarely left my wrist.

photo-1.JPG

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have a semi-related question, so I hope you all don't mind my tagging on here.

I'm interested in this Tag. WAF1419.BA0824 TAG Heuer swiss watches I don't have a local AD, and I can't find one at a reduced price at a reputable online dealer.

d.18742163.jpg

Is this the same watch? WAF1419.BA0813 Amazon.com: TAG Heuer Women's WAF1419.BA0813 2000 Aquaracer Diamond Accented Watch: Tag Heuer: Watches
They look the same. The descriptions appear identical. Do the lower final digits indicate the second one is merely an older, discontinued version of the one on the Tag website? Is there any reason I shouldn't consider buying it?

Thanks for any guidance.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
The model I prefer is the one with the Roman numerals. However, its discontinued and hard to track down by all AD's I contact. The GM dealer Alan Furman managed to track one down for me and gave me a price that is $100 less than the AD's quote for the version without Roman numerals. Now I have to decide whether its better to save $100 and get the model I prefer but deal with GM warranty or spend $100 more and get my second choice watch that comes with the 2 year TAG manufacturers warranty. Not sure what to do
I'd save $ 100 and go for my first choice with GM warranty.
What are the odds of having a problem with both watches within the first 2 years (TAG Heuer warranty period) when you are going to use it as a dress watch ?
Plus: why go for second choice when first choice is available?

But then again, it's up to you ;-)

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After looking at the second choice watch again in person, I cant decide which i like better haha. I guess either one would be a good choice. I dont consider the LINK series to be a dress watch and I would wear it everyday or at least the majority of the week. Id probably look into a simple Carrera with a leather strap for something to wear during dressy occasions.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi, just perhaps you guys can try and find out pricing from ACE Jewelers, which is the forum AD... Use the live chat and speak to them that you guys are from the forum. You may have a pleasant surprise from the service as I did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts