WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was eyeing this Oris and wanted to know what you think of it?
Comes with all papers and box. I have not seen it in person yet.
Seller is offering $650 USD. Is it worth it?
Anything unusual with the watch from the photos?

oris.jpg

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
3,822 Posts
I read in several locations that Oris always put their trademark red rotors on automatics. This one doesn't have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read in several locations that Oris always put their trademark red rotors on automatics. This one doesn't have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Apparently this is early model before they used the red plate. The guy bought it in 2008.
The automatic winder in the dial is also uncommon i think..

·
Registered
722 Posts
Having owned Oris watches since '97 or so, the red rotor is relatively recent, maybe 10 years. I've never heard of counterfeit Oris before but who knows. I'm going to guess that one is legit, $650 for what's probably a 7750 chronograph isn't too bad.

·
Premium Member
71,208 Posts
The gold rotor was indeed used on older Oris watches and the rotor shape is the same as I saw in a pic of a much later 7750 based watch and the guy swore blind it was genuine so TBH I dunno. I usually expect to see half moon rotors on Oris watches with little scallops cut out each side of the bearing but this guy swore on his grannie's grave that his 7750 was the real deal.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Oris did make 17 jewel automatic chronograph movements and they did have "Automatic Winder" on the dials I believe but they're way older than 2008. Think a decade or more earlier.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I remember this model from a catalog I had when I bought my Oris in 1996 so It was available pre '96.

I don't recall seeing them in any later booklets so unless it was new old stock I think the dates are mixed up.

Nigel.

Oris did make 17 jewel automatic chronograph movements and they did have "Automatic Winder" on the dials I believe but they're way older than 2008. Think a decade or more earlier.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nothing unusual or crazy sticks out. It is quite a looker however. Did the seller mention what kind of time its keeping?

·
Registered
20 Posts
After buying it the service cost may be another issue, as the watch is >20 years old. The cost might also be expensive as the movement seem to be a discontinued model and it is a chronograph. just my 2 cents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts