WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have been advertising the benefits of buying pre-owned to all my friends. As one might expect, those who are not spending their days and nights online reading like a true WIS have an issue with ordering online or from forum sales.

A good buddy of mine asked if the forums have any info on good places to buy pre-owned in Dubai? So far, I could only find a few "reports" from visiting the flagship boutiques in the malls but nothing on pre-owned shops/markets. Do you know good places to scout for pre-owned?

Thanks to all who share their WISdom! :-!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi tom,

I have been scouring dubai for some pre-owned pieces but its a little diffucult to find. However there's this 1 shop that I found in the GOLD SUOQ area. The shop was selling pre-owned rolexe's omega's breitling's and a couple of Cartier watches. he was selling the pre-owned date just for 10,000 dirhams so that's around 2,722.38 USD. its complete with boxes papers and the warranty cards. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi tom,

I have been scouring dubai for some pre-owned pieces but its a little diffucult to find. However there's this 1 shop that I found in the GOLD SUOQ area. The shop was selling pre-owned rolexe's omega's breitling's and a couple of Cartier watches. he was selling the pre-owned date just for 10,000 dirhams so that's around 2,722.38 USD. its complete with boxes papers and the warranty cards. I hope this helps!
Wow, just one answer in a day. I thought the globetrotters will be all over the thread :-d

Thank you for the suggestion - although when I told my friend "go to the gold souq and there is one shop", he laughed... apparently, the souq is not a corner building with a couple of shops but rather a maze of small and big boutiques.

I can see how this will become a treasure hunt game b-)

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
try Deira City Center (not the mall) but the actual center of Dubai, it's a huge place but I thought I saw one when I was there a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, guys! Excellent input

·
Registered
333 Posts
READ THIS BEFORE YOU GO TO DUBAI:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article3333905.ece
Last month I saw, how a Gentleman in his 70s has been arrested with handcuffs, because they found some heart pills which are not allowed in UAE

But when you go there,
Ask [email protected].
+971 42291114
He has always nice watches for sale.
Around his shop you will find ca 10 small shops with used watches. A lot of Rolex, Chopard, Breitling....
This shops are close to the Gold Souk, but very difficult to find.

You will also find a lot of shops with mostly entry level Seikos and Citizen and Orients.
A SKX007 for example is actually cheaper than in Japan. they sell them for only 100 - 105 Euro.
This big Seiko 5 Sports Military costs only 60 Euro.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
READ THIS BEFORE YOU GO TO DUBAI:
Travellers who 'smuggle' poppy seeds face Dubai jail -Times Online
Last month I saw, how a Gentleman in his 70s has been arrested with handcuffs, because they found some heart pills which are not allowed in UAE

But when you go there,
Ask [email protected].
+971 42291114
Around his shop you will find ca 10 small shops with used watches. A lot of Rolex, Chopard, Breitling....

You will also find a lot of shops with mostly entry level Seikos and Citizen and Orients.
A SKX007 for example is actually cheaper than in Japan. they sell them for only 100 - 105 Euro.
This big Seiko 5 Sports Military costs only 60 Euro.
He's already there and doesn't like poppy seeds ;)

Now this is something - a difficult-to-find group of shops ;) I am sure my buddy will be extremely happy to get this info.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But when you go there,
Ask [email protected].
+971 42291114

Is this guy real? My pal said he wrote email, called the number here - nobody answered. :)

Is there a website or something?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have been in Dubai for 7 years and have been trying to find a reliable store dealing in used watches. Haven't found any.
You can try www.Souq.com (Dubai's EBay) and Dubizzle.com (Dubai's Craiglist) for individuals who post items for sale.

But if you do come across a good place in Dubai, please post it here. I would like to know!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Tom

Luckily i was able to keep the business card of the shop that i mentioned.

here's the full details:

Fariz Zaroun Jewellry
Tel: 04-226-6769
Mobile: 050-856-7227

I hope this helps! Good luck!!! Do imform me if you we able to get a good deal from them! :)

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
IN Dubai they do not sell their watches when they are done with them; most simply throw them away. So it's no surprise there are few or no second-hand stores at all.

·
Registered
191 Posts
IN Dubai they do not sell their watches when they are done with them; most simply throw them away. So it's no surprise there are few or no second-hand stores at all.
The Khaleeji life. b-)

Reactions: csanadbirtalan

·
Registered
91 Posts
Update: There are dozens of watch shops in the Gold Souq with hundreds of pre-owned and new luxury watches to choose from. Prices are reasonable. I had bought a pre-owned
Rolex Explorer II there just yesterday. If you are trading in or selling a watch, be prepared to bring a copy o
f your passport for ID. It's the law in Dubai.

Here is one shop that I thought was very good: Montreal Jewellery & Watches. Tel: 971551374597. Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
154 Posts
I couldn't get away from the office long enough to properly explore the different options in Dubai. I'll be in Kuwait for the next week and a half but I'll update this thread later this month as I search for the best grande reverso duo prices! The duty free store in the airport terminal has a great selection of watches with an area dedicated to high end selections but they don't offer any discounts. In any case, I was able to decide the grand reverso duo is the best size for my wrist so I'm going to explore the city trying to find the best bargain. I'm expecting to find the best bargain in the gold souk area, but we'll see...

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you are looking for quality vintage and pre-owned pieces then try going to DIFC in dubai. look for Momentum Dubai Shop.

Home - Momentum Dubai

I know the manager/owner of the store an you will definitely have a good time checking out their watches.

I couldn't get away from the office long enough to properly explore the different options in Dubai. I'll be in Kuwait for the next week and a half but I'll update this thread later this month as I search for the best grande reverso duo prices! The duty free store in the airport terminal has a great selection of watches with an area dedicated to high end selections but they don't offer any discounts. In any case, I was able to decide the grand reverso duo is the best size for my wrist so I'm going to explore the city trying to find the best bargain. I'm expecting to find the best bargain in the gold souk area, but we'll see...

·
Banned
490 Posts
If you are looking for quality vintage and pre-owned pieces then try going to DIFC in dubai. look for Momentum Dubai Shop.

Home - Momentum Dubai

I know the manager/owner of the store an you will definitely have a good time checking out their watches.
I met the owners at a recent trade show, really nice guys (had a laugh that their store had the same name as our brand).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ok, my trip to Kuwait got extended a week so I decided to do some investigating around the area. The Behbehani in Al Hambra Tower Mall and the Behbehani in the Avenues mall both offer 25% discount on JLC and are tax free (Kuwait). They also carry Glashüte Original, IWC, Cartier, Roger Dubuis, Omega, Hamilton, and a few others, all offered at similar discounts (new), and Tax Free. Also, the exchange rate is currently favorable... It's sort of hard not to buy everything...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts