WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

I possess now rolex gmt master classic, which I´m about to sell - to purchase "some serious watch" so to say. ;-)

It depends can I sell my rolex with what price for, but I´m very interest about following timepeaces;(in alphabetical order)

Bell&Ross BR-01 Aviation
Sinn 856 S (non-utc)
Sinn U1
Stowa, partitio or -Flieger
...there are many similars out there, but those has qualified so far

Why those? Let me describe shortly what I want from a watch and what I value less.

I want:
clarity and simplicity
it looks like "a man´s watch"

I don´t care:
Any bling bling (my rolex gmt´s "pepsi" feels a bit too BB nowadays..)
too much stuff on(=chronographs, Breitling type)

Those attributes in mind, I first fell in love with Sinn 856 non UTC, for above reasons. And if those stories out there are even half true, you pay for the quality and stuff, not the brand and name. |>

Then I noticed Sinn U1. ***** - that seems to be "The ultimate tool for Men". b-) Not the "jewel" but tool! just wondering isn´t it even too thick and heavy for everyday wearing. Does it fit inside normal sleeve? Does it look and feel silly(another form of bling bling) - I don´t even dive! Does that rubber band gets sweaty under normal work day?

Damn you can´t try and look those for real, outside Germany...:-(

I do have place in my heart for classy dress watches too. That brings to my mind Stowa, especially Partitio.

I don´t wear a suit at work, I use jeans and neat clean clothes though. but of course there are happenings and situations for suit too.

Oh I almost forgot Bell&Ross. Very cool, "military class watch", but the price is a bit too high, specially with "cheap" rubber band..

Any thoughts, good or bad please..?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Only you can decide which watch is most appropriate for your individual lifestyle.

·
Banned
4,491 Posts
So you want...

some serious watch
simplicity / lack of superfluous complications
a man's watch
subtle, without bling
ultimate tool for men
something that works with jeans or suit

hmmmmm...have you considered a pepsi gmt? For many with xy chromosomes, that's what you just described I hope you realize.

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,956 Posts
Up to you to determine what watch meets your lifestyle best. However, the watches listed

Bell&Ross BR-01 Aviation
Sinn 856 S (non-utc)
Sinn U1
Stowa, partitio or -Flieger

represent different styles and do not have much in common. My first advice would be to find out what you want and what your needs are. From what I gather I throw in the

Nomos Club
Nomos Tangomat Ruthenium
Limes Chyros or Pharo
Rainer Brand Panama
Nivrel Heritage Grand Date
Mühle Teutonia 2 small second

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Your selling a watch developed in conjunction with Pan Am to be the first watch to enable pilots to tell dual time because you dont consider it a serious watch?

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Out of all the criteria you've provided, an original Rolex GMT seems perfect. To me its the epitome of "tool" and far from being a "jewel". I'd never consider it "bling, bling" however if the Pepsi bezel is too obvious then maybe exchange for a black bezel for awhile and see how you like it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Out of all the criteria you've provided, an original Rolex GMT seems perfect. To me its the epitome of "tool" and far from being a "jewel". I'd never consider it "bling, bling" however if the Pepsi bezel is too obvious then maybe exchange for a black bezel for awhile and see how you like it.
Thank you all for Your responses. But cedar - you Are absolutely right. Maybe I'm just bored and searching something "same but different". I could change bezel to black, and save money for Sinn 856 still. See u around the forums!

Br
Pasi
Finland

1 - 9 of 9 Posts