WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone ,

My first post here. I am looking to buy a Tissot PCR 200 , I like thee styling of the watch and Tissot is something I always wanted. There are any reputable Canadian seller ( Toronto Area) or my only option is online for now. Here are the options I have researched so far.

1.Jomashop.ca ( mostly positive reviews so far but some mixed as well ) $ 306 + 24 shipping

2 ebay.ca ( some horror stories of replica watches there ) $150 - 400 some with free shipping

3.Amazon.ca ( $ 349 + taxes)

4.Amazon.com will not ship to Canada

please share your experiences. I rather deal local so I can actually get a feel of it .

Any authorized dealer that you can think of.

Thanks any help is appropriated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey buddy, I've been receiving a couple of emails from Amazon.ca about the PRC200 for around 315$. As of right now, the deal seems to be off, but check back once in a while, I've gotten this email twice in the last month.

I can't find the email in my inbox anymore, so if someone can confirm this, that'll be great.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Jomashop is a great grey market seller. No issues. Be careful of the duties. One option is to ship to US address. NY state you pay sales tax. Ebay is great. No reason to be afraid. Not sre how many Tissot fakes are out there but at that price a fake would look really bad.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi Everyone ,

My first post here. I am looking to buy a Tissot PCR 200 , I like thee styling of the watch and Tissot is something I always wanted. There are any reputable Canadian seller ( Toronto Area) or my only option is online for now.

Any authorized dealer that you can think of.
You can find a Tissot dealer in almost any shopping mall.

·
Premium Member
32,592 Posts
Yes, stick to a proven vendor with a good return policy as this watch gets copied like crazy.

Tons of fake PRC 200's out there, so use caution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the replies.Can any one recommend me any ebay seller that you have used . If it cant be post here can you guys pm me. Thanks . Really like the watch but dont want to live with a fake one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Amazon.ca has it for 349 or more... plus last time I checked they were being sold by other sellers on amazon.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
WoW. Had no clue they made such copies of Tissot models. Scary.
Wow, I'm absolutely blown away that anyone would go to the effort to counterfeit an inexpensive watch like this one. What's the point?

Anyway, I see these all the time at Costco at good prices. I'd suggest taking a look there if you have a membership. They sell for $399, which is higher than the online grey market dealers, like Jomashop et. al., but you don't need to pay for shipping or duty from the U.S. Shipping is usually quite expensive to Canada by sellers like Jomashop because they use UPS or FedEx rather than mail, so it ends up being almost the same cost as buying from your local Costco once you've paid the basic shipping cost the seller charges, PLUS the additional handling fee AND import duty UPS/FedEx will charge you when they deliver the package (VAT is a wash because both UPS/FedEx and Costco will charge you). Costco also has a fantastic return policy... take it back at any time for any reason and they will give you a full refund. If they don't carry it at the local store, you can have it shipped for no charge from the Costco website (NOTE: Costco's watch inventory constantly changes, so even though the watch is on the website today, it might not be next week).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts