WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,I recently acquired a BVLGARI Diagono Professional GMT Flyback and am very impressed with it. But I have noticed strange quirk with the movement I hope you guys could help me with; the running seconds beats at what looks like 3Hz, but when I activate the chronograph both the running seconds and chronograph seconds start beating at a faster 4Hz. And when I stop the chronograph the running seconds goes back to beating noticeably slower again.Can anyone explain this? I've spent 30 minute googling and have come up with nothing. o|The movement is based on a Chronometer Grade ETA 2892 with a Dubois Depraz that was specially designed for BVLGARI. All the functions have been working flawlessly and is it keeping accurate time.Cheers 11428150_1605878586332384_619247989_n.jpg

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Hi there,

I' afraid you'll get no helpful answers.
I've spent 30 minute googling and have come up with nothing. o|
Google may be helpful with standard miracles like walking on water (without step stones), but a watch changing frequency between precisely 3 and 4Hz is too strange.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Hey guys,I recently acquired a BVLGARI Diagono Professional GMT Flyback and am very impressed with it. But I have noticed strange quirk with the movement I hope you guys could help me with; the running seconds beats at what looks like 3Hz, but when I activate the chronograph both the running seconds and chronograph seconds start beating at a faster 4Hz. And when I stop the chronograph the running seconds goes back to beating noticeably slower again.Can anyone explain this? I've spent 30 minute googling and have come up with nothing. o|The movement is based on a Chronometer Grade ETA 2892 with a Dubois Depraz that was specially designed for BVLGARI. All the functions have been working flawlessly and is it keeping accurate time.Cheers
How did you ascertain/quantify the freqencies?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Are we talking about EOL here? Do you mean the second hand jumps 3 or 4 seconds at a time not each second? If so change the battery

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys,I recently acquired a BVLGARI Diagono Professional GMT Flyback and am very impressed with it. But I have noticed strange quirk with the movement I hope you guys could help me with; the running seconds beats at what looks like 3Hz, but when I activate the chronograph both the running seconds and chronograph seconds start beating at a faster 4Hz. And when I stop the chronograph the running seconds goes back to beating noticeably slower again.Can anyone explain this? I've spent 30 minute googling and have come up with nothing.
The movement is based on a Chronometer Grade ETA 2892 with a Dubois Depraz that was specially designed for BVLGARI. All the functions have been working flawlessly and is it keeping accurate time.Cheers
How did you ascertain/quantify the freqencies?
Just a visual observation, the running seconds is noticeably slower when the chronograph is not running. I'm guessing it's 3 Hz because it runs at a similar pace to my vintage Omega (cal.561). The info from BVLGARI states the movement beats at 4Hz - like I presume all ETA 2892's do.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Just a visual observation, the running seconds is noticeably slower when the chronograph is not running. I'm guessing it's 3 Hz because it runs at a similar pace to my vintage Omega (cal.561). The info from BVLGARI states the movement beats at 4Hz - like I presume all ETA 2892's do.
What you believe to have observed cannot be ascertained by gross visual observation...only evaluation on a timegrapher or equivalent would verify your suspicion. In addition, if the watch is accurate, what you believed to have observed is not physically possible.

There is only one oscillator...there is only one (target) frequency...the timepiece is accurate. Wear it...enjoy...be content.

Regards, BG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts