WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,679 Posts
I posted this over in Public yesterday (well over £1k so didn't think it counted as Affordable).

It's a good looker, and what they've done with the movement is really impressive (moonphase won't need adjusting for 128 years or something like that).

It's just as shame that it's over 13mm thick. Like the jump hour, that's just too thick for a 40mm dressy watch IMO

Reactions: ABud21

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I'll be getting one. I've been looking for a moon phase on and off for a couple of years, but haven't found an affordable (for me) one I liked until now. The large, detailed moon does it for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
I am not usually a fan of Roman Numerals, and am ambivalent about moon phase. But that is one nice lookin' watch. I think several of you guys should buy one and post pictures often, so I can enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The only quirky thing about it is what I am perceiving to be stars that look like + plus signs?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Why do watch companies insist on pairing blue croc with a blue dial? I can conceive of vanishingly few sartorial contexts in which I would even consider having a fully blue ("blue bangle") dress watch around my wrist.

Otherwise, seems like some pretty high-end specs for C.Ward (white gold, true moonphase), and a remarkable-if-not-affordable price.

LOVE the date aperture.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Why do watch companies insist on pairing blue croc with a blue dial? I can conceive of vanishingly few sartorial contexts in which I would even consider having a fully blue ("blue bangle") dress watch around my wrist.

Otherwise, seems like some pretty high-end specs for C.Ward (white gold, true moonphase), and a remarkable-if-not-affordable price.

LOVE the date aperture.
Well I have two, a TAG & a B&M Clifton that I wear a lot, <shrug> but if it bothers you, they alo do a black, or brown in either leather or genuine croc or a steel bracelet

I think it looks good on the blue with the blue

and its 316L stainless, no white gold

As to the thickness, the number seems high, but I have the monopusher C9 Harrison that sounds like a beast at 16mm, but the style a nd design coupled with the shape of the lugs and the fit of the strap make for an was wear that slips under a business cuff with ease.

The manual that came with the mono wasn't your usual "extend crown to advance hours & minutes" in 80 languages rubbish. It explained how & why they'd, in effect exploded the movement so you could see stuff at work and detailed in said manual which parts, via coloured diagrams, would do what when things were pushed in page-after-page sequence. Great stuff!

I would suggest that possible the modification for the extremely accurate moon phase and a display back could well have been spread a little to enhance the viewing experience from the rear. and its 13.3mm from their stats

That's not too bad at all

I'm sorely tempted TBH

I had been saving for one of their in-house movement 5-day autos, but this is now neck 'n' neck

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
Nice dial! I really like these dressy moonphase watch styles, but I just have nothing to wear with them. That's my main reason for not buying one and sticking to tool/diver/pilot watches. Maybe I should just buy a nice suit, instead of band shirts and denim. :p

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I hate Roman numerals but this is gorgeous! I also never found any CWs that I like, but this one is a looker. That big moonphase on the blue dial is a beauty. It kind of reminds me of the Arnold & Son but at a much lower price point:

Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Brad, I just saw your thread on f2. I see that I'm not the only one that sees the resemblance to the A&S. I am just amazed that they are bringing it at this price point. I wonder if it will wear as thick as it sounds.

·
Premium Member
40,679 Posts
Brad, I just saw your thread on f2. I see that I'm not the only one that sees the resemblance to the A&S. I am just amazed that they are bringing it at this price point. I wonder if it will wear as thick as it sounds.
Yep. My first thought. Glad to see something different the the usual small moo phase windows.

I'll be trying one on at Salon QP in a month or two.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Man.....I'm just blown away by this. Maybe it's the Miller High Life talking.
Might be my first C. Ward. Different from the standard moonphases I've seen sub- $2000.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts