WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although seemingly in good condition, you wouldn't believe this chronograph was in NOS condition by looking at the sellers tungsten lit image. So you can imagine my surprise when I opened the parcel and found a mint condition Poljot chronograph complete with bracelet and case!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Red

The logo translates to "Moscow International Investment Bank".

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

The balance wheel colour is a strange cross between the brass and silver colours we normally see. :think:

Watch Material property Fashion accessory Buckle Watch accessory

Metal Pipe Muffler Automotive exhaust Tin

The case is of decent quality with a spring loaded lid and felt lining. Anyone seen one of these before?

Here is another NOS logo chronograph recently for sale on eBay:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

If you have one, please post a picture to this thread! :-!

·
Registered
854 Posts
This is the logo of a former bank from Moscow. Perhaps a Christmas present to managers or something like that.

You won it for a cheap price just because I was busy and missed the last minute of the aunction!

But this one, I won it! It's a pilot's watch:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think anyone was overly interested in this one. Maybe because it was a German eBay auction. I just looked over the bidding and only two others were in the hunt; one out at 91 and another at 95. I was surprised... but then again, it's a company logo watch not a hacking Sturmanskie. Although, I have seen some very nice chronographs go for under a 100eur...

Thanks, pwalsh21!

Thanks, frantsous, I was hoping you would repost that one! I doubt we will see another "Turkmenistan Airlines" logo on a Poljot chronograph anytime soon.

Here's another one:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
4,224 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I hope he didn't purchase one of those cheap cross-border knockoffs on the Chinese black market! :-d
I don't think so. His reports from Russia/Mongolia/China date back to many years before, including early '90s, when he was still a journalist and not yet a Buddhist hermit. Chinese knockoffs were not so diffused as today.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I was considering buying a 3133 like the one presented in the first post and browsed the forum.
The logo says: Moskow International Innovation Bank (instead of Investment Bank) and it seems the bank was somehow connected to the aviation, even military aviation.
Here is an old publication from Kommersant (Êîìïðîìàò.Ru / Compromat.Ru: Ïðîêóðàòóðà íàâîäèò èñòðåáèòåëè íà Êàñüÿíîâà.) - the bank directors were accused of stealing 231 000 000 USD originally intended for building new MIG 29 fighters.

I am wondering should I buy the chrono - stealing budget money from the military is a noble tradition in our part of the world, so maybe it adds some historical significance to this watch. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
These chronographs are somewhat rare because I don't see them up for auction too often, but when I do they are usually in excellent/nos condition. I would bet that another will be available for auction in the not-too-distant-future, so I would only recommend purchasing if it's in very good condition with no flaking or worn chromium.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.