WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
While some of the Cadisens & Starkings & Nadzens & Guanquin's & others can look appealing, I am loathe to 8215's and their clones. In fact, it is hard to get too excited about NH 35's & 36's or their Chinese clones. I would opt for a ST-2130 or an equivalent Peacock or certainly a 9015 so that is the main reason I personally have not pulled the trigger on any Chinese watchs until earlier this week (Micro Brands not included). I opted for one w/a Seagull ST-2130 which I am expecting to like but we'll see.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
While some of the Cadisens & Starkings & Nadzens & Guanquin's & others can look appealing, I am loathe to 8215's and their clones. In fact, it is hard to get too excited about NH 35's & 36's or their Chinese clones. I would opt for a ST-2130 or an equivalent Peacock or certainly a 9015 so that is the main reason I personally have not pulled the trigger on any Chinese watchs until earlier this week (Micro Brands not included). I opted for one w/a Seagull ST-2130 which I am expecting to like but we'll see.
Most watches with these ETA clones, Sea-Gull ST21 & ST18, Peacock SL3000, and Hangzhou HZ6 and HZ7 movements usually run $200 and up. There are a few Nakzen models with the 9015 available for under $100, or just a bit over..

Many Miyota 82xx and Seiko/TMI NH3x mushroom brand models are often in the $50-$60 range, and can be picked up for under $40 on a big sale. It's really a different value calculation at those price points.

·
Registered
656 Posts
That we can get these appealing watches with NH35/36 for under $50 is absolutely amazing. There's a Cadisen with Miyota 9015 that usually goes for $135-$150. I very much doubt their profits are better with those.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When looking for a minimalistic automatic watch suitable for larger wrists without exuberant bling design elements such as diamonds, I noticed the Cadisen C8173.

I measured my example as:
Case diameter: 42.5 mm
Length at lug ends: 49.6 mm
Lug width: 21.0 mm

The Cadisen C8173 is powered by a NH35A automatic movement made by SII (Seiko Instruments Inc.). The NH35A 'workhorse' automatic movement has a beat rate of 21,600 BPH (= 3 Hz), 24 jewels and features bi-directional (automatic) winding, a ≥ 41 hours power reserve, manual winding and a hack function (stopping the movement of the second hand). The static accuracy rating is -20 ~ +40 seconds per day (23º ± 2ºC). The NH35A movement in my example is way more accurate than its static accuracy rating.

The luminous paint on the hour and minute hands glows dim and since there are no lumed index markers is not particularly useful.

As usual the provided black strap was too short for larger wrists. No problem, as I do not like wearing leather watch straps.

I looked on AliExpress for an acceptable alternative and found a 21 mm Milanese watch band.

To my delight the aftermarket Milanese watch band turned out to be straight, easily mountable on the watch and adjustable in length, and I did not find any sharp protrusions. It wears amazingly comfortable and I hope the stainless steel is not going to corrode over time.

Cadisen C8173 YouTube review by Just the Watch

1 - 9 of 9 Posts