WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen much feedback on these lately and a search turned up very little. Any new owners have any input on the movement and watch in general?

Thinking of picking one up and need a bit of a nudge to pull the trigger. I know the straps are very comfortable but I'm thinking of buying on the bracelet. Thoughts?

·
Registered
182 Posts
The propilot bracelet grew on me. I'm a fan of straps, but have been considering the 41mm propilot date on a bracelet. The bracelet is well made and I do appreciate when brands have the end links made to be the same length as the lugs. The design fits the overall aesthetic of the piece, without being anything special.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Forgot to talk about the movement. I have only had hands on with a Cal 111 for about 6 days. The winding was very smooth, and it kept great time. Stayed within 1 sec/day for the 6 days I had it.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to talk about the movement. I have only had hands on with a Cal 111 for about 6 days. The winding was very smooth, and it kept great time. Stayed within 1 sec/day for the 6 days I had it.
Do you have any experience with a PAM manual wind and, if so, how does it compare? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I have had my pro pilot 10 days Cal.111 for about a month, very happy so far. I have mine on the bracelet, I have allergies to the glues often used in fabric and leather straps. So most of my watches are on a bracelet. I've found the bracelet to be very comfortable and I like to wear them pretty snug. The lume is excellent as is the legibility in all situations. Not surprisingly with a 1.18 meter barrel spring it does take a long time to wind it to it's full 10 days power reserve, but that is just more time interacting with your watch and you have an excuse to be looking at the dial so long.

I was able to get this very nice version with a blue dial made specially for a local AD.
View attachment DSC_6691.jpg

I'd go for it

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not too much time with a Panerai. As the other poster mentioned, the Cal 111 takes some time to wind up. But that is exactly why you are buying this watch.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I haven't seen much feedback on these lately and a search turned up very little. Any new owners have any input on the movement and watch in general?

Thinking of picking one up and need a bit of a nudge to pull the trigger. I know the straps are very comfortable but I'm thinking of buying on the bracelet. Thoughts?
The bracelet on my ProPilot Day Date is superbly comfortable.

Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts