WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize there are many threads on the pros and cons of winders. I am writing to share an observation and personal experience.

I have a Constellation chronometer with a 564 movement. I note that the Orbita database shows the 500 cal series TBD. Other databases suggest bi-directional 650 TPD is appropriate. Several months ago, I had the watch fully serviced and regulated. For several months I kept my Constellation on a Wolf 2.7 set to bi-directional 600 TPD. Although the watch was wound, it did not maintain accuracy and I have taken it back to be regulated twice. On the last occasion, before taking it in for regulation, I had hand-wound it after taking it off the winder to make sure it was fully powered, and the watch was running over 30 seconds fast.

Following the regulation last week, it is now running within 2 seconds per day. I plan to store it discharged, flat off the winder, and wind and set it whenever I want to wear it. I am concerned that the quick date-set mechanism will be stressed by frequent changing and will probably put up with an incorrect date.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have a few 565 powered watches, same movement just not COSC, I have not had any issues with the date advancing on mine
wind, set, wear, no worries

·
Registered
213 Posts
In my opinion the mid 500 series are one of Omega's best moments. The cal 552 on the SM300 no date and the 565 on the SM300 date are awesome movements, and from a horological perspective I find it nice too, with the swan neck regulator and all.

I'm not a watchmaker so I'm not an expert but I like the mid 500 series a lot. It keeps good time too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts