WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I know how to get to "Pressure" in sleep mode, but it just displays pressure (in real time) and doesn't give any option to change it. Does anyone know the key sequence to actually change this value? I think my Core is a bit off. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just called Suunto and they didn't know the answer to this...Here is the problem (and it stems from alt and baro being "locked" together).

When I set my sea level baro pressure to the correct value (Boston Logan) my current altitude then reads higher than it actually is. This is easy to overcome with Vector, Advisor, and T6 type of Suunto's as you can calibrate the sensor (a sort of offset)...Suunto help desk is looking into the matter and hopefully will get back to me via email.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is not possible to calibrate the pressure sensor on the Core
Yep, that seems to be the case which means that pressure readings are SEA level pressure (when using altitude as a reference). I wrote a long review on this, basically saying that the Vector engine allows you to use either sea level or absolute baro pressure as your reference, but along with that, you get the familiar altitude creep that occurs when the baro pressure changes due to weather.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I suppose that at the end of the day, it's the changes in pressure that's important, but it's a shame that I can't get all my Suunto's to read the same :roll:.
I have calibrated my Vector and X-Lander to match my local reference and they have stayed spot on.
My Core is a little off so I have to remember that and do a mental adjustment.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the opposite approach. I calibrated a Vector, Advisor, and T6 to match the Core. I am not as intested in what my absolute air pressure is but the trend, so setting all watches to sea level is fine. Your Core, which I am sure you know, reads SEA level pressure. It is possible through going into SNR mode on the Vector, and setting SEA level baro reference to get them all synced up. b-)

I suppose that at the end of the day, it's the changes in pressure that's important, but it's a shame that I can't get all my Suunto's to read the same :roll:.
I have calibrated my Vector and X-Lander to match my local reference and they have stayed spot on.
My Core is a little off so I have to remember that and do a mental adjustment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts