WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I am new to the forum and if the question has been answered I do apologise for asking it again. Do you need to calibrate the sensors everytime you travel somewhere with your car? Let's say I calibrate it at my house and I decide to go to town must I calibrate it there? I sync it based on the airport sensors (barometer) but when I go to town it is out but when I get home it returns to normal to the calibrated settings I did at home. Thanks

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
Since the barometer reads the pressure at your altitude, not the sea level pressure that weather reports use, I just leave it at factory settings. Otherwise, you have to set it for every location (altitude) change.

The altimeter must be set regularly, because it doesn't know if the pressure difference is due to weather (pressure) changes or due to actual altitude changes. It's best to set the altimeter to a reference altitude like a trail sign before every outing.

·
Premium Member
61,588 Posts
Since the barometer reads the pressure at your altitude, not the sea level pressure that weather reports use, I just leave it at factory settings. Otherwise, you have to set it for every location (altitude) change.

The altimeter must be set regularly, because it doesn't know if the pressure difference is due to weather (pressure) changes or due to actual altitude changes. It's best to set the altimeter to a reference altitude like a trail sign before every outing.
Essentially what Gary said.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts