WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a BIG CROWN PROPILOT Power Reserve watch with a calibre 111 movement. Has anyone else experienced a range of accuracy depending on the amount of watch winding? When the watch is fully wound to the 10 day power reserve mark, the watch runs about 25 seconds fast. Around day 5 the watch is fairly accurate. When down to three days reserve remaining it begins to run slow and by one day remaining, it is around 20 seconds slow per day. In addition to having an non-linear power reserve indication, the time-keeping ability seems to be non-linear as well.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Hello,
The isochronism of those 8 to 10 day manual wind watches is typically poor--although +25 s/d at FULL wind is particularly bad. Panerai is having similar problems with their new(er) 8 day manual wind movement/watches. I don't have the above watch, but those that do would probably report similar results.

heb

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine is nowhere near that variance. They regulate it at half full wind so it will be more accurate at around 5 days left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Wow. It makes sense and a great reason to stay away from handwinds that are designed for more than 2 (or possibly 3) days of power reserve. That is if your are as anal as me on accurate AND stable daily rates.

Thanks,
heb

Mine is nowhere near that variance. They regulate it at half full wind so it will be more accurate at around 5 days left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
My Artelier Cal. 111 runs about +1.5s up to around 3-4 days left of power reserve. Gets a bit worse when the reserve winds down. I guess that's a common issue, but the variance isn't that large in my case.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I don't check mine that closely, but I have only changed the time 2x in the 6+months I've had mine for. The changes were because of daylight savings, not because the watch was slow or fast. That is plenty accurate for my needs.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mine is +10secs a day when fully wound and then more accurate in the middle. I emailed Oris to ask if +10 was "acceptable" range to them. The reply I got back was:

"Oris allows for 20 seconds fast per day."

·
Registered
141 Posts
New member here - I've had a beautiful 111 for a week and a half now, wound it once... it's only lost 4 secs the whole time, and the position of the power reserve seems to make no difference to that fact. Very pleased indeed. How many posts do I need to be able to add a pic?!

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts