WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone, I'm hoping that the community here can help me determine if I have a serious mechanical issue or if it is a simple user error.

Recently, I noticed that my Calibre S had stopped running and brought it to my trusted jeweler for a battery change. When I got the watch back I noticed that the hands were in need of a reset and followed the process outlined in the manual (and also located within this forum) for doing so: while in time mode, I held the A/B buttons, manually reset all hands to zero position, pushed the crown back in to return to time mode and then….nothing.

The watch does NOT want to return to time mode when I push the crown in, nor will it allow me to set time when I pull the crown back out.

• For example: now, when the crown is pulled out, the second hand doesn't automatically move to 15/30/45/00 positions – nothing
It’s as if the watch is stuck in reset mode regardless of what position the crown is in. Does this sound like a mechanical issue to anyone? I’m fearing the worst.

Any thoughts and/or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Model for reference: Luxury Watches - Swiss Watches | TAG HEUER

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amazon has the manual on line as a pdf
Thanks again everyone for weighing-in.

The manual that came with it does include instructions for resetting the hands - I also found a youtube video with my exact model showing the reset process - I'm just unable to get it to leave the reset mode and return to time mode now.

Also, Jesse - I tried your suggestion but still nothing. When I pull the crown out to try and set the time it remains in reset mode - holding down both A/B does nothing (except of course it will manually move whatever hand it is set on when in reset mode). Same response if/when I push the crown back in - stays in reset mode.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Watch mechanisms do break... sounds like this one is one. :-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts