WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forums here! But have read a lot in the past... on my Aquaracer Calibre S I've had to replace the battery twice this past year.... is that normal? Anyone had experience with this movement? It's complicated, but very accurate. When the battery dies... the seconds hands sputters, then moves fine... .then totally dies. Took it to Tourneau, they changed the battery, but said to watch it and see how long it lasts this time! Curious as to anyone else's experience! :-d

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Bought my Aquaracer Regatta Calibre S in January 2009 from an AD, it needed a battery replaced March 2010 but that was done under warranty as it was less than two years old.

Changing the battery twice in a year seems excessively high, do you use the chronograph much (or leave it on by mistake ?). There is difference between the Regatta and a regular Calibre S which is the chronograph precision with the Regatta only recording to 10th of a second rather than 100th but can't see that being a key difference in battery drain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The minute hand used to appear "loose" right before the battery would die. Almost as if it was limp and would jump around, almost fall out of place. New battery, now it's acting fine :-!. I'm not sure if that is the same thing you are referring to. I think I was so fascinated with this watch's movement that I did play with the chronograph function a lot... laying off it this time. Hope the battery lasts longer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts