WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's

I'm coming over to california next May for a holiday and hoping to visit LA, San Fran and Las Vegas. While I'm over I'm thinking of buying a watch, really want a Rolex Sub Date. Can you guys recommend some where to go? Also I have a few other questions. 1, Whats the weather usually like in May? 2, What other things can you recommend I do whilst over in Cali?

Thanks in advance guy's

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Hi Guy's

I'm coming over to california next May for a holiday and hoping to visit LA, San Fran and Las Vegas. While I'm over I'm thinking of buying a watch, really want a Rolex Sub Date. Can you guys recommend some where to go? Also I have a few other questions. 1, Whats the weather usually like in May? 2, What other things can you recommend I do whilst over in Cali?

Thanks in advance guy's
Well... Las Vegas isn't in California. :) (which is why I live there.)

In all the touristy places, you can find Rolex dealers that will give you 10% off list on any steel Rolex except Daytona. My experience has been that Tourneau in Caesars, MGM, Wynn are all decent places to get Rolex. Definitely stay away from Hyde Park (in Caesars), and the locals would go to Tower Jewelers but also stay away from there.

Of course, by May, everything in the way of discounts may be different. Also the weather, global warming you know.

By the way, San Francisco is a small city with a big Bay Area around it. San Francisco itself is pretty much a small area where the weather really sucks while all around the Bay Area it's nice.

-s-

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
the Wynn in Las Vegas has a nice Rolex shop. San Francisco, the city, not the area is my home town..............May is a great month. Pleasant weather, in general, but you never know???? Bring warm clothes, the city is always cooler than surrounding areas.....great restaurants at all price points....great shopping in the city, just bring lots of $'s! Check out Shreve & co. on Post & Grant Sts., cool building, nice stuff inside.

·
Registered
42,049 Posts
:-| The weather sucks?!
Well... Las Vegas isn't in California. :) (which is why I live there.)

In all the touristy places, you can find Rolex dealers that will give you 10% off list on any steel Rolex except Daytona. My experience has been that Tourneau in Caesars, MGM, Wynn are all decent places to get Rolex. Definitely stay away from Hyde Park (in Caesars), and the locals would go to Tower Jewelers but also stay away from there.

Of course, by May, everything in the way of discounts may be different. Also the weather, global warming you know.

By the way, San Francisco is a small city with a big Bay Area around it. San Francisco itself is pretty much a small area where the weather really sucks while all around the Bay Area it's nice.

-s-

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
Vegas................pawn shops????? Unlucky gamblers????:-d
If the tourist biz is soft in Las Vegas, you may get a better deal there.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Vegas................pawn shops????? Unlucky gamblers????:-d
If the tourist biz is soft in Las Vegas, you may get a better deal there.
I've seen some of the Rolexes for sale in pawn shops in Vegas, and also the prices. I would rather take my chances on eBay. I actually bought a Rolkenstein Sub, knowing full well what it was (a GMT master case) and wasn't (a genuine bracelet), but at least the price made it worth it for the movement.

-s-

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I bought my last Tag at the Watch Boutique at the MGM grand, they are also a Rolex A.D. i looked at a few while i was there and the lady said she could take off 10 to maybe 15% off on a Rolex. Las Vegas has more Rolex dealers than you can almost count, find the watch you like then shop for best price, cash is king right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts