WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my brand new B1 yesterday - totally smitten!

However, there's some significant 'play' in the bezel when I use it ( about a mm ) - some people on an other forum say some play is normal but it just doesn't seem right to me, as the watch is obviously built to such high standards. I know the bezel is geared, so some 'give' might be expected....

Has anyone else found this? Should I send it back or is this normal?

·
Registered
245 Posts
theres a lil give on mine as well, i gather its standard and the amount can vary with temperature, so maybe thats why its there?

·
Registered
11,273 Posts

However, there's some significant 'play' in the bezel when I use it ( about a mm ) - some people on an other forum say some play is normal but it just doesn't seem right to me, as the watch is obviously built to such high standards. I know the bezel is geared, so some 'give' might be expected....

Welcome to the forum, Whifferdill.

Sorry, can't help with the B1, but I would be in doubt myself, being used to precise bezels on watches of many brands. Can't be too difficult to achieve, really.

·
Registered
982 Posts

Mine has minor, hardly perceivable play. Actually I find the way the geared bezel feels and works one of the details that proofs that this is a high quality product.
As a matter of fact, it's one of the biggest differences with the X-33 quality wise, since that has quite a lot of play, and a bezel that turns to lightly for my taste.
My B-1 is one of the last series (the 'chronometre'), so possibly the bezel has seen some improvements over the earlier models.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks to all for their input - currently living with it to see how it goes - not really a problem.

Great X33 vs B1 review Ron, btw! I bought the B1 for work use too - early days, but love the watch already - a definate keeper. Looked at the X33 too but much prefer the B1. Happy landings!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ron,

My X-33 bezel has very little play. In fact, a neat feature is that when pressing down on the bezel it is very tight and makes loud, distinct clicks. Perhaps this feature is designed in for some reason. Perhaps a very redundant, last effort of choice feature. Who knows?

I'm really looking forward to Part II of your B-1/X-33 review.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts