WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Propilot line has had my eye for a while now and I'm at the point where I want to pull the trigger on either the 41mm or 45mm. I have ~7.5" flat wrists and can pull off a 45mm watch. I intend to use this as my everyday wear so perhaps 41mm will offer more comfort. I live in a rural town so I don't have the luxury of going to a local AD and trying them on. Did any of you BCPP owners have this same issue but were able to try both on and immediately know which direction you wanted to go? Also, it appears they have curved lugs so in both cases do they wear smaller? For reference, I currently own an Oris 65 42mm and love the fit. I think the L2L is slightly longer than the BCPP 41mm. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I have the ProPilot Date and love it. My wrist is 7.25" and I will wear anywhere from 38 to 43, depending on the individual watch. For me and my tastes, I thought the ProPilot Day-Date was too big. The Date model wears very nicely, but it's not like you forget it's there.

I find it wears very comparably to my Sinn and Seiko, if you have any experience with these two watches. Good luck with your decision!

Myron

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I have the 45mm day date and absolutely love it!! I believe my wrist it a bit larger that 7.5" and relatively flat. This is one of those watches that I can forget I'm even wearing, especially on a leather strap

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have the Day Date and a 6.75" wrist. The watch is on the Oris bracelet and feels wonderful. Most of the time I do not even feel the watch on my wrist, it's that comfortable.

·
Registered
307 Posts
6.75 inch wrist. I had the day date on textile strap for a while, but it proved a little to large for me. I went to the 41 date model and it is a keeper.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have the 41mm. My wrist is under 6.5" and it wears fine. I tried on the 65 42mm and can't pull it off. The lugs and lug holes are too high relative to the caseback. I also tried on the day/date and thought it fits me better than the 65. If the 65 42mm fits you, I would think that the day/date should be fine, but if you prefer slightly smaller watches, I think the date version would be fine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have a 6.25" wrist and wear the Date version. I couldn't handle anything bigger in my wrist, but maybe you can? I can't even do the 42mm 65 honestly.

·
6,602 Posts
Seriously considering the day/date. Does anyone know the lug to lug length?

TIA
Shannon

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the 45mm day date and absolutely love it!! I believe my wrist it a bit larger that 7.5" and relatively flat. This is one of those watches that I can forget I'm even wearing, especially on a leather strap

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Any chance you can measure the L2L?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Just picked up a day/date on black leather - big sale on evine! Wanted this watch for a while - can't wait to have it on the wrist. May be looking to trade for the textile strap if there are any takers. Pic I took a year ago at my local AD:

8 inch wrist btw.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
6,602 Posts
Congrats YYC:-! ATM this is at the top of the short list.

Looking forward to your our new arrival thread. Can you measure the L2L length? My wrist is 7 1/4" so I just want to make sure it's not to long before I pull the trigger:-d

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just picked up a day/date on black leather - big sale on evine! Wanted this watch for a while - can't wait to have it on the wrist. May be looking to trade for the textile strap if there are any takers. Pic I took a year ago at my local AD:

8 inch wrist btw.

Congrats on your new acquisition. Looks great! Can you snap a pic from further away so that we can get a truer sense of what it looks like on the wrist?

·
6,602 Posts
Finally got to try one on.... love it

Now I have to decide which Aquadive to flip???

Cheers
Shannon

Reactions: AngusBC3 and jcar79

·
6,602 Posts
Thanks!

7.25+.... depends on how much liquid is in me:-d

I'm not going to lie, it's a large watch for sure. IMO I just barley pull it off...just barely.
The 41mm just seemed to small for my taste. All of my watches are 44mm+
I'll be in SF next week so hopefully I can stop by Toppers and try on the GMT. The 45mm case just might be perfect for me.
The cloth strap is comfy and the deployment clasp is very cool. The way the strap adjusts is brilliant.
You can also buy the strap with clasp separately for $205. It wood be cool to have the different colors.

Hopfully I'll be able to have one in the very near future. I just have to figure out which watch to flip:-d

Cheers
Shannon

Reactions: jcar79

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks!

7.25+.... depends on how much liquid is in me:-d

I'm not going to lie, it's a large watch for sure. IMO I just barley pull it off...just barely.
The 41mm just seemed to small for my taste. All of my watches are 44mm+
I'll be in SF next week so hopefully I can stop by Toppers and try on the GMT. The 45mm case just might be perfect for me.
The cloth strap is comfy and the deployment clasp is very cool. The way the strap adjusts is brilliant.
You can also buy the strap with clasp separately for $205. It wood be cool to have the different colors.

Hopfully I'll be able to have one in the very near future. I just have to figure out which watch to flip:-d

Cheers
Shannon
Thanks for the feedback Shannon. These details are very helpful. I'm leaning more towards the 41mm. Now it's a race to see who gets one first!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had also bought one on on black Friday--after much saving and debate--and they just sent me an email saying that they cancelled the order because the item is no longer available. Meaning that they falsely advertised their inventory and oversold the watch. Very sad that I won't be joining the ranks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Finally got to try one on.... love it

Now I have to decide which Aquadive to flip???

Cheers
Shannon

Looks great! Clean dial, chunky build. Looks like a good compliment to your Darth in the background.

Can't wait for mine to arrive - plan on putting it into heavy rotation with my 300m Tuna.

How did the ProPilot feel on the wrist compared to your Darth?

·
6,602 Posts
Looks great! Clean dial, chunky build. Looks like a good compliment to your Darth in the background.

Can't wait for mine to arrive - plan on putting it into heavy rotation with my 300m Tuna.

How did the ProPilot feel on the wrist compared to your Darth?

Congrats!! Your going to love it 😍
It felt great! Good eye on the Darth too:-!

I'm thinking the GMT might be the one for me. 45mm and a hair shorter L2L. The more I look at it, the more I like it better than the Day Date. If the Date was 44mm, it would already be on my wrist! Keep in mind, I just discovered this line from Oris and I'm like the ADD poster child that can't make up his mind:-d One thing for sure... Oris nailed it with the BCPP line:-!

Cheers
Shannon

1 - 20 of 85 Posts