WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

Registered
Congrats!! Your going to love it 馃槏
It felt great! Good eye on the Darth too:-!

I'm thinking the GMT might be the one for me. 45mm and a hair shorter L2L. The more I look at it, the more I like it better than the Day Date. If the Date was 44mm, it would already be on my wrist! Keep in mind, I just discovered this line from Oris and I'm like the ADD poster child that can't make up his mind:-d One thing for sure... Oris nailed it with the BCPP line:-!

Cheers
Shannon
Love the GMT - if price wasn't a consideration that would be my first choice. Seems like the small seconds fills up the dial a little and the GMT hand gives it a nice touch of color.

Do prefer the day/date to the date only version - not just the size but the look of the dial. Used to hate a day/date complication but now prefer it for some reason.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I had also bought one on on black Friday--after much saving and debate--and they just sent me an email saying that they cancelled the order because the item is no longer available. Meaning that they falsely advertised their inventory and oversold the watch. Very sad that I won't be joining the ranks.
Total bummer;(

Amazon has some good pricing on most of the BCPP line...check it out:-!

Cheers
Shannon

Registered
I just pulled the trigger on a 41mm! Should have it early next week.
Nice! I bought mine about 2 weeks ago, pre-loved, and I could not be happier.

Highlights-
-Clean Dial
-Love the instrument panel inspired hands
-Great numerical font

Indifferent-
-AR on crystal. I think it only applied on the underside of the crystal, not a problem with legibility, but a pain to photograph without reflections
-Lume is ok

Don't Like-
-Black textile strap. I think the Green version may add a little colour, but in general the strap does nothing to highlight the watch.
-Lug holes are extremely close to the watch head making your aftermarket strap options limited to extremely thin straps.

Here are a couple of photos I took with the watch on a ZuluDiver "Vintage" NATO strap on my flat 6.75" wrist

a.jpg

b.jpg

Enjoy your watch when it arrives and post photos,

Tony

Registered
Nice! I bought mine about 2 weeks ago, pre-loved, and I could not be happier.

Highlights-
-Clean Dial
-Love the instrument panel inspired hands
-Great numerical font

Indifferent-
-AR on crystal. I think it only applied on the underside of the crystal, not a problem with legibility, but a pain to photograph without reflections
-Lume is ok

Don't Like-
-Black textile strap. I think the Green version may add a little colour, but in general the strap does nothing to highlight the watch.
-Lug holes are extremely close to the watch head making your aftermarket strap options limited to extremely thin straps.

Here are a couple of photos I took with the watch on a ZuluDiver "Vintage" NATO strap on my flat 6.75" wrist

View attachment 10096338

View attachment 10096354

Enjoy your watch when it arrives and post photos,

Tony
Looks great on that leather nato! My propilot day/date on leather is on the way.

I happen to prefer the textile strap - too bad the "day/date" has bigger lug width than your "date" or perhaps an exchange could be arranged. As it stands I'll probably post a WTT in the sales forum once it arrives to see if I can trade for a textile strap.

Prob slap it on a nato in the meantime - have 5 colors incoming from the great BF sales last week.

Registered

Just got mine and I quite like the size. It'll be great for everyday use. Now to source some straps!
Great looking watch. I am glad Oris made an effort to replace the date wheel and align the date window with the numbers on the dial. IWC just didn't bother to align the date window on their Mark XVIII though!

Registered
Great looking watch. I am glad Oris made an effort to replace the date wheel and align the date window with the numbers on the dial. IWC just didn't bother to align the date window on their Mark XVIII though!
lol I have essentially been saying the same thing a few times on here. Nice that Oris got the date window so right when others continue to get it so wrong.

Registered
lol I have essentially been saying the same thing a few times on here. Nice that Oris got the date window so right when others continue to get it so wrong.
The attention paid to the date wheel is what made me pick this watch over all other pilots, including Sinn, Damasko, Alpina, M眉hle, and Stowa, though I will probably get a Stowa, too, down the road. :)

In addition to the larger size, there is some interesting customization going on with the font. Compare these photos:

The font is a sans serif that complements the dial font quite well with a simple stick one (l), but date 1 and 11 have the little second stroke for greater legibility. Never seen that on another watch!

One more pic in front of Chiang Dao mountain for good measure:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
I have/had 43 and 44mm watches but downsizing to smaller sizes. The 41mm with 20mm lugs and 18mm at the clasp of the metal bracelet makes it the perfect size for a non-dive watch.

My wrists are 7.5" and this is a accurate picture of what it looks like. The 45mm would definitely be too large for me.

Registered
I have/had 43 and 44mm watches but downsizing to smaller sizes. The 41mm with 20mm lugs and 18mm at the clasp of the metal bracelet makes it the perfect size for a non-dive watch.

My wrists are 7.5" and this is a accurate picture of what it looks like. The 45mm would definitely be too large for me.

Great size for your wrist. That color of leather strap really suits the watch - nice choice!

Registered
It's a lovely watch, and I have the 41mm date version. It works (only just) on my 6.5" wrists. I'm actually moving it on in favor of something else if anyone wants a BGPP that's fresh from a service (11/2016)!

Registered
Discussion Starter #35

What do you all think of this strap?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The color tone pairs really well with the watch. I think it would look better if it were a flat leather. Personal preference though.

Registered

What do you all think of this strap?

I think it looks good - the contrast between a tool watch and a leather dress strap gives it a certain "je ne sais quoi".

Registered
The color tone pairs really well with the watch. I think it would look better if it were a flat leather. Personal preference though.

Thanks for the input kinda what I was thinking too. It's a nice Hirsch strap that came with the watch so I think I'll give it a try, it's super comfortable!

I think it looks good - the contrast between a tool watch and a leather dress strap gives it a certain "je ne sais quoi".

Thanks!! I think I'll leave it on for a few days, had been using the OEM canvas and the deployant mechanism isn't exactly super comfortable

Registered
Some pics of my new BCDD. Threw it on a DIY heavy duty RAF style strap. Very happy with this watch - ultra legible, simple and robust with just a touch of uniqueness with that turbine bezel. Perfect size for my 8 inch wrist. New daily wearer. My tuna will be religated to weekend and water duty for now.

Registered
In addition to the larger size, there is some interesting customization going on with the font. Compare these photos:

The font is a sans serif that complements the dial font quite well with a simple stick one (l), but date 1 and 11 have the little second stroke for greater legibility. Never seen that on another watch!
Hmm, that's interesting. All the 1's on my date wheel are the serif variety. I just rolled it all the way around and confirmed that all thirteen 1's are of the serif type. Not sure what to make of that. Could be Oris has just created the next future collector's "must have," like Dot Over Ninety bezels on vintage Speedy's. ;-)

Myron

21 - 40 of 85 Posts