WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
According to my field notes inches scale (all I have handy at the moment) lug-to-lug of the day/date is 2 1/8 inches or 54mm. I'm sure I could be off a mm either way - It's a big watch but wears very comfortably if you have the wrist to pull it off.

As for the serif/sans serif question - mine is sans serif for all but the 1 and 11. Interesting how this is playing out. Different production cycles perhaps?

Also interesting is the fact that English is the only language on the day wheel - see pic above. One could set the day to the blank and have a psuedo date only dial if they choose.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hmm, that's interesting. All the 1's on my date wheel are the serif variety. I just rolled it all the way around and confirmed that all thirteen 1's are of the serif type. Not sure what to make of that. Could be Oris has just created the next future collector's "must have," like Dot Over Ninety bezels on vintage Speedy's. ;-)

Myron
Thanks Myron, very interesting.

Okay everyone else, please check your date wheel's 10 and 11 and report back here. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have the date version and the 1 and 11 are the same font as whywhysee's day/date.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Do you guys know where I can find Oris straps in stock? Looking for either the leather or textile.
Check with Toppers Fine Jewelers. I believe they have Oris 65 straps. Perhaps they have BC PP straps too.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Do you guys know where I can find Oris straps in stock? Looking for either the leather or textile.
Yeah check with topper email [email protected] with the model (style) number of your watch and she will contact Oris and hook you up. I will be ordering a black strap for my aquis from her in the next few days.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I talked to Toppers and I was kinda hoping to find one in stock somewhere. Does anyone know the lengths of an Oris strap.
My only other suggestion is find and contact other Oris AD's. Perhaps you can also post a WTB listing and see if another forum member wants to part with theirs.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Does anyone know the lengths of an Oris strap.
I have the leather strap sized for a 7.5" wrist and it looks like you can size it up to 8". I had the fabric/leather strap on another one but it felt pretty stiff and you often see pictures where it starts to fray. I didn't think I was going to like the leather strap but I was pleasantly surprised. It's nice quality, comfortable to wear and the deployant clasp is just a cool design.

View attachment 10479426

·
Registered
238 Posts
Anyone know if you are able to purchase the bracelet after buying the watch (either from Oris or a different source)?

If you have not purchased the watch yet, it is probably a better deal to get the watch with the SS bracelet, then buy some other strap as that will ultimately cost you less $$$ in the long run.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts