WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
I really like the Fluco Record, got it from Amazon/Holben for about $22. Soft leather liner and one of my most comfortable leather straps. They also have it dark brown and black.

·
Registered
13 Posts
View attachment 10498282

Sorry I didn't know if I could post pics.. But I was thinking something like this... I was gonna order this one but I just noticed they are made in Chile and it would take a few weeks.

Thanks for the pics.. I think I like the brown better than black so now I just need to find a few..I have been looking locally but my options are vew What site would you guys suggest

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Can anyone confirm how to size the bracelet that comes with the BGPP 41mm? Looks like standard pins, but there's no direction arrows I can see - so they can be pushed out either direction? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Can anyone confirm how to size the bracelet that comes with the BGPP 41mm? Looks like standard pins, but there's no direction arrows I can see - so they can be pushed out either direction? Thanks!

I took the leap of faith a couple of months ago and sized mine. It is a pin and collar system. I had no problem getting them out but struggled to get them back in. Patience is my best suggestion otherwise you can bend the link or pin. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I took the leap of faith a couple of months ago and sized mine. It is a pin and collar system. I had no problem getting them out but struggled to get them back in. Patience is my best suggestion otherwise you can bend the link or pin. Good luck.

Thanks for that! So does it matter which direction I push the pin out? I thought that with a collar there was always one correct direction to insert and remove the pin.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks for that! So does it matter which direction I push the pin out? I thought that with a collar there was always one correct direction to insert and remove the pin.

Honestly I don't know. After I knocked the pin out I neglected to make a note on the direction. However, I just pulled the link, pin, and collar out again. The collar does not fit through the holes on the outer link. It does fit in the holes of the inner link. When putting it back together I believe I inserted the collar into the inner link, attached the other end of the bracelet, inserted the pin in the hole of the outer link, and started firmly tapping it until flush. I assume the collar expands when the pin is driven through. Since it is in the inner link there is less chance of the pin and collar coming out which I think is an issue with Seiko's system. I don't know if any of this makes sense without seeing it in person.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Honestly I don't know. After I knocked the pin out I neglected to make a note on the direction. However, I just pulled the link, pin, and collar out again. The collar does not fit through the holes on the outer link. It does fit in the holes of the inner link. When putting it back together I believe I inserted the collar into the inner link, attached the other end of the bracelet, inserted the pin in the hole of the outer link, and started firmly tapping it until flush. I assume the collar expands when the pin is driven through. Since it is in the inner link there is less chance of the pin and collar coming out which I think is an issue with Seiko's system. I don't know if any of this makes sense without seeing it in person.

Thanks for the help! I was able to get the bracelet adjusted no problem. For anyone that has the same question, it does not matter which way you push the link out. The collars are also not tiny which is nice. Kinda wish there was a half link on the bracelet but the fine adjustment on the clasp got me where I needed to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the day date (45mm) with anthracite dial, in my opinion possibly the best of both worlds. The anthracite dial is hard to beat. It matches so well with biz casual outfit yet versatile enough to dress down with anything.

I will be posting pictures tomorrow. I am surprised that not too many people like 45mm with anthracite dial. I will take a wrist shot.

I think my wrist is on the small side, but I always like watches from 42~46mm.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts