WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear DSSD owners,

I've heard both sides of the coin...those who absolutely adore the watch and those who hate it; to which I ask the latter to refrain from commenting :-d

I currently wear a Breitling Superocean ref. A17360. Prior to purchasing, I was genuinely concerned with the size and thickness.

However after wearing it the 15mm thickness didn't seem thick at all. So with the DSSD coming in at 17.68mm (only 2.68mm thicker) I feel I'd be comfortable wearing it despite not having huge wrist (6.75").

If some of my fellow small wrist WIS would be so kind to post photos it would be greatly appreciated along with your input!

·
Registered
585 Posts
You should get on TRF and do a search for "The original Deepsea Sea Dweller thread. DSSD MEMBERS - OWNERS CLUB" It's 20+ pages long with tons of photo's and will answer your question(s).

At 6.75 you should not have an issue and the height should be manageable....I would not say it is a daily wear watch but it is doable just not always practical.....Eitherway it is worth owning.

/Amer

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Wearing on my 6.7inch wrist I find after a day with a lot of physical (non-sport) activities I can actually end up with some red marks, almost bruising on my wrist, no jokes.

It's a wonderful watch, but not what i'd call a daily watch for most people. I'd say a Rubber B would make it much more comfortable with less movement than the bracelet, which tapers too narrow towards the clasp.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Wearing on my 6.7inch wrist I find after a day with a lot of physical (non-sport) activities I can actually end up with some red marks, almost bruising on my wrist, no jokes.

It's a wonderful watch, but not what i'd call a daily watch for most people. I'd say a Rubber B would make it much more comfortable with less movement than the bracelet, which tapers too narrow towards the clasp.
I never wear my DSSD more than a day. 7" wrist.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
I wear my DSSD every day, never had any problems.
Oh, and my wrist is a very lady like 6 1/2 inches! :-d
The strange thing is, I have some very opinionated friends who,
given the chance, love the banter and 'taking the p*ss' and not one of them has
ever mentioned the size of the watch on my wrist!
Strange, it really seem to be an issue for some people. :think:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I stopped by my AD today and tried on the DSSD...

Whoever said everything you read on the internet is true, lied to me haha. The watch isn't half as big as everyone makes it out to be, and it will be my next purchase!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Why not? :)

Have been wearing mine for the past 2 days straight... Trying to bring back the love and excitement that I had when I got it, my first Rolex :)
I am fortunate in that I have quite a few Rolex watches to choose from. The DSSD is less comfortable than most of my other Rolex watches. My 5513, one of my 1680s, one of my 16800s, one of my 16600s.......all are more comfortable :-!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I am fortunate in that I have quite a few Rolex watches to choose from. The DSSD is less comfortable than most of my other Rolex watches. My 5513, one of my 1680s, one of my 16800s, one of my 16600s.......all are more comfortable :-!
I think I would be the same if I have such great collection :-!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to search so much about the deepsea few months ago there's a lot of hate on it so i planned to get myself a sub-c. When i actually went to the store and try it on my wrist i love it i dont have a big wrist but really into big watches and the deepsea is a beast and I love it a lot. Not just the size but the adjustable buckle is also really nice I love looking at it while studying in class hehe dont get how ppl not like it. The thickest and deepest affordable rolex wear it with pride (Y)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts