WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to dedicate this, my 1000th post, to all the females in the WUS community. In my many visits to the forum, I have occasionally read posts by female WIS's. So I know you are out there!

But I -- and I think the other guys too -- would like to hear more from the ladies: How did you become interested in watches? What watches do you have in your collection? And what do you look for in a new watch?

Your answers to these types of questions, and anything else you wish to share, will be read with enthusiasm and curiosity.

Derek

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
congrats on the post count!

Hope your pop's is doing well! :)

sorry i cant answer your question in your OP. Not only am i not a woman, but i am the manliest man on WUS. :roll:

Heres to another 1000 more! :-!

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Thanks for your interest, Derek. I expect my enthusiasm for watches, and the start of it, isn't that much different from the rest of you guys. It started when one day I decided I wanted to buy a watch.... :-d

Jeannie

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
One way we can all encourage the participation of the ladies is to keep things welcoming, civil, work and family friendly. They have a right to expect this under the WUS Rules - as does every member.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One way we can all encourage the participation of the ladies is to keep things welcoming, civil, work and family friendly. They have a right to expect this under the WUS Rules - as does every member.
Thank you, sir, for your wisdom and temperance.

D

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all of the ladies who sent me PM's. It was nice to hear from each and every one of you, and I appreciated all of the info you shared with me.

See you all on the forum. . . .

D

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Thanks for your interest, Derek. I expect my enthusiasm for watches, and the start of it, isn't that much different from the rest of you guys. It started when one day I decided I wanted to buy a watch.... :-d

Jeannie
+1. For me it was in the early 70's. One watch led to another, and another, and.....o|

Sherry.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Out of curiousity, do female collectors generally choose ladies' watches? Smaller/midsized mens' watches? Or regular, full-sized men's watches?

Has the trend of larger and larger watches slowed down the collection efforts of female WIS's, I wonder?

Reactions: eliindetroit

·
Registered
630 Posts
Out of curiousity, do female collectors generally choose ladies' watches? Smaller/midsized mens' watches? Or regular, full-sized men's watches?

Has the trend of larger and larger watches slowed down the collection efforts of female WIS's, I wonder?

I was waiting for the.... and by the way, maybe if you're not doing anything Friday night? :-x

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Thanks to all of the ladies who sent me PM's. It was nice to hear from each and every one of you, and I appreciated all of the info you shared with me.

See you all on the forum. . . .

D
Lol. I believe that happened.
I too was surprised to get the PM's. But you may believe whatever you wish.

Cheers,

D
Guess I better chime in and help you out here, Derek! I, for one, sent a PM. I noticed he had visited my page, so I visited back and then browsed at his postings and saw the thread and PMed. Guess I should have posted, but... hey, I am old hat around here. :-d
There's women here? :think:

Ok, I'm grabbing some of my cold Canadian beer. :-!
There are a few.. most just lurk... :roll: Some are intimidated by the amount of testosterone around here.

I just bought was I think is #39 and they are ALL men's. Except for a couple of vintages, mine are all good sized. The Zilla is my largest. I just won a bid for this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310164988949&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123 Two-toned is not usually my thing, but for some reason I liked this one. Besides that, I've been wanting a Kinetic and now I will have one. Waiting to bid on my second one. :-!

EDIT: So many I lost count, I guess.. had to recount-- that last one made #38, not 39 :roll:

Reactions: eliindetroit

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hey there, Heather from Montana -- nice to hear from you again. And although I only heard from a few of you ladies, it seems like you all are mostly interested in men's watches. I think it's cool. Of course, I also dig women that drive pick-up trucks, shoot guns, and drink beer -- you know, the tomboy-countrygirl types. They're not such dog-gonned sissies.

Cheers,

D

1 - 20 of 44 Posts