WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Watchuseekers !

This is my first post as a new "seeker" so forgive me if there is already an existing thread/s that encompass the info. I am trying to obtain. OK so enough of my intro/discretionary statement as a newbie. Now, no offense to the owners of Seiko dive watches that contain the 6r15b movement as they are very nice timepieces I'm sure, however, I am looking for a nice dressier (no rotating bezel and a slimmer case) type watch with this movement. The Seiko Sarb line has caught my eye especially the Sarb0021, but I'm still having a little bit of hesitation on pulling the trigger. I currently own an Orient Black Mako on NATO strap and used to have a Casio G-Shock GW7900-B which I've lost :-(. So my very humble, dare I call collection, consists of only one watch, the Mako. I'm set on my next watch being a Seiko so that I can join the cult following :-d and also bc from what I've been reading in these forums, Seiko watches are excellent quality watches at a relatively affordable price, which for me translates into value.
Any suggestions or words of advice ?

If you currently own a watch with the 6r15b movement or have owned one in the past 1) what made you choose that model ? 2) what do you like and/or dislike about your Seiko with the aforementioned movement ? Any help is greatly appreciated ! Many thanks in advance !

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I currently own a SARB061 which has the 6R15 I had a Sumo a few years ago and for me it was a little large on my wrist, that being said I'd love some day to get a MM300 which is even larger, but I digress. As far as the watch I chose, I like the tool look of it, and it uses the 007 case so fits smaller on my wrist and the 6R15 movement has been running at -4 seconds a day since I got it. :-! The SARB021 is a nice classy looking watch, I don't think you would go wrong with it. And BTW welcome to the forum and soon to be Seiko club.

Here's my tool watch.

DSC02785_2.JPG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your prompt post leroytwohawks, I myself was also considering the Sumo but ultimately decided it was going to be too big for my taste on my smallish 6.25 inch wrist. Lovely watch BTW totally diggin the band it looks fantastic !

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
If you can find one, maybe a Seiko Spirit... they are kinda hard to find at the moment, but they look similar to the Sarb's and have the 6r15.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
I bought a Sarb 021 because I wanted something dressier than my other watches and can't afford a Grand Seiko (yet).

I love it - great accuracy and beautiful finishing. Certainly worth twice what I paid (around $500 I think).

Here she is:

Seiko-Sarb-021.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts