WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

CAMY Do they always sign their movements?

5K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  derids 
#1 ·
Im interested in a certain old Camy Swiss. Its selling on Fleabay. My question is this: The movement looks nothing like any other Camy movement I researched, particularly no signing of the movement. Its also textured unlike any Camys Ive seen. I cant pirate the pics as I dont know how. Thats the most info I can give. Its a sweet little watch and it would make a great addition to my collection altho very small,. I have small wrists so its possible to pull it off. But in the main, any info on what Ive discussed above,any knowledge, insight appreciated. I have less than 24 hours before I have to pull the trigger, thanks.

#4 ·
hes located in Singapore, where I got my first and only Franken. A Sandoz dial and case with a melded 2 part French movement.Its such a reasonable opening bid. if it could be gotten for that figure. Here is the ID #on the bay 370503742623. Its over in 4 hours. I may just pass. Too paranoid. I want a camy movement not just case and dial. Thanks for previous input.

#6 ·
A little late... but here is my Dad's Camy Popular. He bought it in 1950 when it was already 2 years old. I just got it fixed today at the watch shop (it had been discarded unused for the past 20 years) and it is ticking perfectly. The dial is not in good condition, though. The watch back says: ANTIMAGNETIC INCABLOC|WATERPROOF SWISS MADE | STAINLESS STEEL 3227 N . And sorry about the photo, my skills aren't good enough to get a clearer shot.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Orange

#7 ·
I finally found my Camy a year later or more... I posted pictures of it here on WUS to withering cold silence. It a 70s model with a very green fade to golden green dial. Perhaps the reason for the silence. I will post pics again later today. See what response I get this time. I have be responsible and do what I should be doing...Later, P&P

#9 ·
Here is my year old Camy from the 70s or maybe the 1960s. I cant open the back, even though its a simple pry off. It probably hasnt been opened in a looong time. Its working fine, and until it shows signs of not working well, I wont take it to my watchmaker. So sorry, no movement pics for the moment. That could change at any moment. The green dial is truely beautiful and bright, fading to a gold center. The pics dont do it justice. And inexpensive...$47.00 including shipping from Israel.
When I wind it it sounds like a toy watch. But I love it. Green and all. With the vintage band it came with. What can I say ..its the artist in me. Comments on probable age and anything else are welcome.

Attachments

#10 ·
I'm always impressed by those dials which fade from one colour to another - that can't have been easy to achieve consistently.

I'm not sure on age - you're probably right c.1970. Very nice.|>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.