WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a "WERTEX" Ferrotex 18Kt mens gold watch. It seems to resemble the Navitimer, at least thats what I thought. When the caseback was removed, there was a second caseback- the dark looking caseback in the picture..the rest i'm looking for ANY info on...i can't find a darn thing:-(

Attachments

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I can't see in what way that resembles a Navitimer but it's still a very nice chronograph. This one has a Landeron movement (Cal. 148?!

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Landeron 148)

Hartmut Richter
Well, I think Breitling did produce a watch with a Landeron 48 or 148... Maybe they called that one a Navatimer too??

Anyway, nice example. The Swiss industry at this time had a lot of companies that were marketing firms. They contracted out most of their assembly from outsourced components. Wertex was probably one such company.

·
Banned
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any more information on this watch?

Cant find anything else anywhere :( trying to sell it for my buddy, but I can't find many good details

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Any more information on this watch?

Cant find anything else anywhere :( trying to sell it for my buddy, but I can't find many good details
The watch has hollow lugs made from paper thin gold and are very easily damaged. The case back is paper thin
and this is why you have a brass, inner cover to act as reinforcement. The inner case is reinforced with a brass ring
to add weight and strength to an otherwise very flimsy feather weight gold case.

This type of watch was churned out in their millions, mainly branded Chronoswiss, very collectable if in good
condition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts