WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone identify this Rolex PW movement?. I have tried Dr Ranfft's archive but cannot find anything similar.

Lovely 3-finger bridge, 17 Jewels and 3 Adjustments with a beautiful regulator that I also dont know what it is called?

Thank you all

Attachments

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Rolex makes pocket watches? I fear that the logo was laser'ed on. The position of it on the movement is rather odd.
I too am suspicious. One could tell more if we could hold it in hand... but the pic makes me wonder.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks everybody and yes like you I had my doubts. Not too sure about lasering on the Rolex name. this watch was purchased in 1965 so how much extra £'s or $'s would that exercise have raised.

I have now found a photo of the same Rolex movement (no calibre number) and the regulator is apparently a "micro-cam" which makes sense.

Picture of this movement for information. A straight copy.

I really appreciate all the comments, if I can learn just one thing new every day then I guess there is still hope, you have all helped.

Rolex Ron.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hartmut a close match thank you. I will look closer at Buren movements.

This watch belongs to a friend and from what I can understand the movement looks to have been recased. This might explain why the movement does not quite fit the case with an almost concentric look and a gap near the Rolex engraving.

A slightly fuller photo of the other Rolex movement which shows the regulator and micro-cam.

Rolexron2.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts