WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently purchased this beaten-up little fellow, I just liked it the moment I saw it and it was cheap.
Anybody knows something about the brand? supposedly Swiss and 1970 ish?
IMG_3677.jpg IMG_3666.JPG IMG_3669.jpg
It just says GPF incabloc no other markings
IMG_3673.jpg IMG_3670.JPG

Fun fact when you google GPF incabloc you come across Panerai movements and Panerai was founded by Giovanni Panerai in Florence (G-P-F) i'm not getting my hopes up:-d But it was a fun coincidence

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It may be earlier, possibly late 60s, a movement I.D from someone that knows will help. It appears to have a plated case so probably not from a top flight manufacturer?

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
There's no GPF trademark in Mikrolisk- it might be a private label brand. Any markings on the inner side of the case back?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,

Thanks!
No markings on caseback or movement visible from the outside unfortunately

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,865 Posts
I've got a Lorsa P75A somewhere. As far as I recall, the Lorsa sign (a shield with a fat cross reaching the edges) and the calibre designation should be close to the centre of the watch, but still visible.

Hartmut Richter

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,865 Posts
Oh yeah, so it is.

I wonder why they look so similar.
Possibly because they were both french. They both ended up in FE (France Ebauches). At the same time, without some sort of cooperation pre FE between the two, it is difficult to perceive that the similarity is pure coincidental.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts