WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I've been trying to identify the movement in an old Peerex watch I'm trying to repair so I can order some parts, but I'm stumped so I thought I would see if anyone here recognises it?

Mine's in bits at the moment so haven't got any pictures, but I found one similar online here;
il_570xN.659716975_pzfe.jpg
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/205131838/lovely-c1950s-peerex-21-jewel-mens
There is nothing else writen on there to identify it, and no marks under the balance, nothing no the front etc. just the Peerex, 21 jewels, and Swiss made.
It's got an unusual shape lever if that helps, it's like a straight line rather than the usual T shape, which I've not seen before in my limited experience.

Thanks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hi,

If your movement is in pieces it's probably easier to identify with the dial side of the movement. Could you post a picture of the dial side with the return bar, set lever and set lever bridge in situ and provide the diameter of the movement?

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Can't help with the movement- nothing that would seem familiar to me. By the way, the Peerex brand, along with Peertone and Peerless, belonged to Stauffer.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hi,

If your movement is in pieces it's probably easier to identify with the dial side of the movement. Could you post a picture of the dial side with the return bar, set lever and set lever bridge in situ and provide the diameter of the movement?
Ok, I put the set lever/bridge back on and took a photo. and the diameter is just under 26mm, so it's a 11 1/2 lignes sized movement.

20150817_184008.jpg

·
Registered
610 Posts
Just found it as well. Not terribly common from what I can see. I have a couple of different Buser movements in the collection.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I was thinking that Buser 140 sounded familiar. As it turns out it uses the same stem as the Buser 146 I have , I believe it is the automatic version of the 140.
image.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts