WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Watch Dial Printing
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
I need to identify some parts from 43mm AS movement.

Any help greatly appreciated.

The movement looks like this

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not sure. Have you got any pictures of the front? that might help.
I don't think it's an AS movement, as I can't find a 19''' AS movement that looks like that. Possibly an FHF 1, 19'''H4.7 maybe? FHF made a lot of movements like this with variable bridge layouts, so would really need a look at the keyless works to identify it.

·
Registered
Watch Dial Printing
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure. Have you got any pictures of the front? that might help.
I don't think it's an AS movement, as I can't find a 19''' AS movement that looks like that. Possibly an FHF 1, 19'''H4.7 maybe? FHF made a lot of movements like this with variable bridge layouts, so would really need a look at the keyless works to identify it.

Hi Fixer, thanks for the response. Here is the front

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ok, not the one I thought, the set bridge is different on yours. Though I think it would date to around the time when AS and FHF merged to form ESA, so that could be why it looks similar(?)

But if one of the other members here has a bestfit encyclopedia they would hopefully be able to identify it. Or alternatively you could try posting the pictures in the Vintage and Pocket Watch forum instead.

·
Registered
Watch Dial Printing
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the effort and the history lesson, fixer29.

I was not aware of what happened to AS.

I'll leave it for the time being as I'm traveling for a while and people might not understand why I don't respond quickly to a post.

·
Registered
280 Posts
From what I can see in the picture it looks like that movement is an A. Schild (since it's clearly marked AS) but it also appears to be a negative setting style movement. The Swiss would modify their existing movements for American style cases which have the stem as a part of the case and what you should see is a square hole in the end of the "stem" in the movement. Bestfit doesn't usually have any pictures of the negative setting varieties. What part is it that you need for this watch?

·
Registered
Watch Dial Printing
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi unreformed66

Thank you for your help.

I'm looking for the second and third wheel.

If I understand you correctly, I'm thinking this photo should help.
Water Auto part Wheel

I will be traveling for the next 30 days so please excuse me if my replies are a bit tardy.

From what I can see in the picture it looks like that movement is an A. Schild (since it's clearly marked AS) but it also appears to be a negative setting style movement. The Swiss would modify their existing movements for American style cases which have the stem as a part of the case and what you should see is a square hole in the end of the "stem" in the movement. Bestfit doesn't usually have any pictures of the negative setting varieties. What part is it that you need for this watch?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. That movement was produced for a negative setting American style case. It very well may be 16 size instead of 19 lignes. Do you have the case that it came in? Quite frankly that movement really isn't worth much so I'm curious as to why you're wanting to restore it seeing as it needs so much.

Hi unreformed66

Thank you for your help.

I'm looking for the second and third wheel.

If I understand you correctly, I'm thinking this photo should help.
View attachment 8308130

I will be traveling for the next 30 days so please excuse me if my replies are a bit tardy.

·
Registered
Watch Dial Printing
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I do have the case. Unfortunately I'm travelling and don't have the case with me but it is only a GP case from an English manufacturer if I remember correctly.

It has a white enamel dial in good condition and it has some nefarious family links so it's not imperative that it gets repaired.

I'm not really a pocket watch guy so I think I'll just put this one in the not worth it basket.

Thank you again for your help.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. That movement was produced for a negative setting American style case. It very well may be 16 size instead of 19 lignes. Do you have the case that it came in? Quite frankly that movement really isn't worth much so I'm curious as to why you're wanting to restore it seeing as it needs so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts