WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a "NEW" GW2500B-1A off Ebay from a seller claiming it to be new (ex display) and when it arrived the wrong instruction manual was in the tin??! I'm fiddling about trying to get it set-up using various bits of info off the internet but I am having problems

1.) The analogue hands do not match the digital time keeping which I have set correctly (digital says 10.57am but analogue hands read 10.11?)

2.) the function dial on the left doesn't seem to point at the right objects each time you advance it? (Maybe that's me not understanding it?)

3.) The dial on the left seems totally random and serves no purpose as far as I can tell?

If anyone can point me in the right directions to getting this running properly I would be most grateful!!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Great advice - I have one of these lovely watches, module number is 5064.

The books that Casio provide with their watches should be banned! The print is atrocious, and they are far too thick to follow easily. A PDF file is so much simpler to view, and it is also searchable. Hopefully you'll get sorted once you read it...

Reactions: sidecross

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great advice - I have one of these lovely watches, module number is 5064.

The books that Casio provide with their watches should be banned! The print is atrocious, and they are far too thick to follow easily. A PDF file is so much simpler to view, and it is also searchable. Hopefully you'll get sorted once you read it...
Hi Stephen -

I've downloaded that already but it doesn't help? How do you adjust the analogue hands to match the digital time in the lower window???

Cheers - Phil

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Your watch is 'atomic', that means it receives a radio signal in many parts of the world to enable it to synchronise it to the exact time. (wherabouts are you based?). You first need to set your 'home city' on the watch - this tells it where you are and it sets the time accordingly, automatically. You don't need to touch the hands, once it receives a signal, it will automatically set the hands. It's crucial though that you set the 'home city' first. Just search the PDF file on how to do this. It's very straightforward...

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Here's how to set the home city - it's on page 1 of the PDF manual - how to do a 'manual receive' of the signal is also on page 1. After a 'manual receive' it will then do it automatically every night at the times also stated in the manual depending on where you are in the world.

Text Font

·
Registered
53 Posts
The hands can get moved during transit and there is a way to line them all up, I have one also but im in work at the mo and can't remember how but don't worry, there is a way.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
This is how to adjust the hands if they get knocked out of place - I'd be very surprised if this is your issue though.

Text Font Document

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BINGO !!!! The last set of instructions did the trick! Set it to Twelve as instructed then pressed "A" but the hands instantly started moving and my heart sank, but they continued until they landed on the correct time - Phew! Gonna take a bit of getting used to this one as the left hand dial doesn't always correspond to the function on the top display? i.e. if the little orange pointer is on AL (for alarm) the time is showing in the top window?? Gonna have to study this PDF and have a bit tinker I reckon. Many thanks for all your help, I would never have found this otherwise!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
if the little orange pointer is on AL (for alarm) the time is showing in the top window??
That's just weird - the top display doesn't show the time in any mode!! If you can take a photo, I'd be very interested to see that...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's just weird - the top display doesn't show the time in any mode!! If you can take a photo, I'd be very interested to see that...
Sorry, what I meant was - the top window is in Time Mode i.e at the moment the top window is showing "WED" but the mode dial on the left is pointing somewhere between "STW" and "TMR" ? If I press the B button to choose the next mode the top window shows "LON" but the arrow moves to roughly a 3'o'clock position and points at the "S". If I advance it once more it shows "OH" in the top window and the arrow moves to approx 4 'o'clock between the "R" and "P" letters??? It's almost as though the arrow is out of synch with the dial?

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Hi,

Have a look again at my previous post with the instructions on how to set 'hand home position correction'. This will show you how to reset the left hand dial to point accurately to the correct position. This takes place in point 1 of the instructions...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hoorah! I am obviously that idiot you mention in your strapline!!! I am now 100% happy with my purchase, I've seen this watch on the net going for about £170 but couldn't justify that spend at the moment. When I spotted this on Ebay I tracked it and managed to get it for £82 plus postage, problem was when it arrived I feared it was faulty! Thanks to your superior knowledge all is well in the world again - many thanks. If you lived nearby I'd buy you a pint!!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
If you lived nearby I'd buy you a pint!!
How do you know I don't?? :)

No poblem, one is glad to have been of service. Enjoy your new watch, and don't dip into this forum too often, you'll just become addicted to G Shocks like the rest of us poor saps who frequent this place. It's really not healthy...o|

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you know I don't?? :)

No poblem, one is glad to have been of service. Enjoy your new watch, and don't dip into this forum too often, you'll just become addicted to G Shocks like the rest of us poor saps who frequent this place. It's really not healthy...o|
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been reading the advice given and trying to sort my own watch out (driving me crazy). I live in Adelaide (ADL) and have purchased a CASIO G-SHOCK PILOT AVIATOR GRAVITY DEFIER SOLAR G-1250B -I have downloaded the correct instruction manual (5184) and cannot get the analogue time to set correctly, I have done the home city and all the other steps but NO LUCK!

I am aware (now) that the atomic function isn't helpful as Australia doesn't pick up the signal but just cannot work out what to do!! Any help MOST WELCOME!

Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been reading the advice given and trying to sort my own watch out (driving me crazy). I live in Adelaide (ADL) and have purchased a CASIO G-SHOCK PILOT AVIATOR GRAVITY DEFIER SOLAR G-1250B -I have downloaded the correct instruction manual (5184) and cannot get the analogue time to set correctly, I have done the home city and all the other steps but NO LUCK!

I am aware (now) that the atomic function isn't helpful as Australia doesn't pick up the signal but just cannot work out what to do!! Any help MOST WELCOME!

Thanks
Ian
Hi Ian,

Welcome to the forum...

Can you be more specific on the problem on setting the analogue time? Does it match the digital? Is it an hour fast or slow? More details will help to solve. By the way, I'm fairly confident the specific model you quoted isn't an atomic model anyway - they usually have a 'W' in the model name to signify Waveceptor functionality, though I could easily be proved wrong!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.