WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can anyone give me some information on this watch. On the dial and back cover it's marked Zenith Sporto, the movement number is 4937677 - 17 jewels - Swiss made and there is a clear cover screwed over the movement. Any infomation would be much appreciated.
Regards...Petar.

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,796 Posts
Hi,
Can anyone give me some information on this watch. On the dial and back cover it's marked Zenith Sporto, the movement number is 4937677 - 17 jewels - Swiss made and there is a clear cover screwed over the movement. Any infomation would be much appreciated.
Regards...Petar.
Hi there everyone! Have moved to Frankfurt area (Groß-Umstadt, close to Darmstadt, to be precise), hoping to get internet soon, will be online more often once I do so.

Movement looks somewhat like a Cal. 40 to me - double-armed balance spring adjuster, shock-proofing on the escapement wheel. Serial number would indicate mid-fifties. Picture isn't all that clear but there should be a "40" under the balance wheel.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Good to hear from you Hartmut! My son may be in Germany this summer. I will keep you posted if he is nearby.

Thanks for your help!

Dan

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Hi there everyone! Have moved to Frankfurt area (Groß-Umstadt, close to Darmstadt, to be precise), hoping to get internet soon, will be online more often once I do so.

Movement looks somewhat like a Cal. 40 to me - double-armed balance spring adjuster, shock-proofing on the escapement wheel. Serial number would indicate mid-fifties. Picture isn't all that clear but there should be a "40" under the balance wheel.

Hartmut Richter
Based on a picture of my Cal 40, I would agree as well. It is a nice movement. Congratulations!

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts