WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have this watch Seiko 5. It says on the back 7s26-00X0 A4 . But i am not sure if it's real or fake?

·
Registered
140 Posts
How's the lume check, is it just as strong. But it looks like the JDM version, which makes it just that much nicer and probably comes with better regulation out-of-the-box.

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Google it there are loads of them there. You will even find a photo of your own hand showing the back of the watch. Looks the same as the rest on there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Google it there are loads of them there. You will even find a photo of your own hand showing the back of the watch. Looks the same as the rest on there.
Thanks a lot 😊 can you please tell me what to check before buying second hand seiko 5 watches?

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
I’m no expert but the movement on the one you are holding and the movement of the ones on Google look identical. It’s a Seiko 5 not a Patek so if it’s fake it’s not going to be too hard to spot as they are hardly going to spend a lot on faking a Seiko 5

·
Registered
240 Posts
Thanks a lot 😊 can you please tell me what to check before buying second hand seiko 5 watches?
Fakes tend to have painted Seiko 5 logo rather than applied, but not always. Finish will be sloppy, colors or design may not match an existing Seiko, and the crowns are usually junk. Very often the hands or date window bezel falls off or the dial spins around, because they are just thrown together and usually sell for $25 online from Pakistan and India sellers. Movements can sometimes be real on these but thats usually the only part, if that.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I can't believe there are Seiko 5 reps 🤣

Reactions: Mickey®

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
What does the number on the dial after Made In Japan say?
Is the second language on the day wheel Arabic or Roman?

If it is real then the clasp is fake. There has never been a Seiko 5 with Seiko 5 on the clasp and also never a real clasp with Seiko 5 and Japan on the clasp ether.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Most likely real. Why spend time, energy, money to counterfeit a Seiko-when you can profit more from a Folex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, pardon any spelling errors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

If it is real then the clasp is fake. There has never been a Seiko 5 with Seiko 5 on the clasp and also never a real clasp with Seiko 5 and Japan on the clasp ether.
It says 7S26 -01R 2 or something

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

It says 7S26-01K2 R2 in the dial.
And the movement is 7S26B . Is it modified

1 - 19 of 19 Posts