WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'd particularly like to know what movement it is. It's stamped 1061 but Dr Ranfft's site only lists a Dugena automatic with that calibre

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,058 Posts
What other stamps does it have? Something like "OS"? The only thing I can find that's vaguely similar is an OSCO Cal. 1060:

http://www.christophlorenz.de/watch/movements/o/osco/osco_1060.php

...but that has a somewhat different geartrain bridge. Still, all the jewels are in the right place.

OSCO (Otto Schlund & Co.) is German, from the black forest and still exists, although they no longer make movements.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't see any other markings that would indicate Osco

I'm attaching a nonreduced version of the image

As you said, there are enough similarities to consider it an Osco.

It's an 11.5''' non-date, sweep second movement. I can't google a movement photo of the 1061 but maybe I can find some information to confirm this much.

·
19,058 Posts
If it is an Osco movement, it should have a stamp under the balance. I had another look around but still can't find a match on any other movement.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't been able to let this go so I've gone through Part 1 of my Bestfit Encyclopedia and the only brands who have a 11.5''' 1061 are:
1. ETA

That's it. ETA. I guess 1061 wasn't a popular number.

Langendorf has a 10.5'''
Osco doesn't have a 1061 listed.

The ETA 1080 does look very similar.
http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&ETA_1080

I think I'll call it an ETA 1061 until better information comes about.

It's in my to-be-cleaned pile so eventually I'll take off the dial and see if the ETA cartouche is there (or ID based on setting works)

Stay tuned next week when I'll post another puzzling movement for ID

·
19,058 Posts
More than just some similarity, I'd say! Thanks for helping out.

For those who don't know, Kasper was a German maker, located in the northern black forest, in Pforzheim. Made some rather decent movements.....

Hartmut Richter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts