WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the new Seiko "Piston" (snzh69k). Yeoman did a quick review of it here...
Seiko 5 Motor Sports – SNZH69K « Yeoman's Watch Review

Anyway, I'm really enjoying it. It has such a complete cohesive motorsports themematic design that I can't get enough of as I catch myself staring at it all day, when it's on my wrist. The dial looks like a tachameter with a partially red chapter ring going from 12 to 430; and they also use the mins as hour markers to give the dial a speedometer feel to it; and if that wasn't cool enough it has a unique case design that is reminiscent of a piston from a car's motor (as Yeoman's keen sense of observation pointed out in his review); then the watch is "topped off" by a matching red striped crown.

Only problem is...the watch is gaining about 6 mins a day which is way too much. I have a BM, an OM, white sammy, and a Frankenmonster and all of those maybe lose 2-5 secs a day. Guess my 7s26 luck ran out with this one.

I have zero experience tinkering with watches. I can size my ow braclets and swapy bands with decent skill :) But I don't trust myself to tinker around wih the actual mechanical movement. I'm hoping there a fellow wus members locatednin the SF Bay area that can recommend a trustwothy and reasonably priced watch repairman that can regulate my 7s36b watch.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
621 Posts
i know of a very good repair shop in the Sacramento CA area. Gillians watch repair.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Russ

Ill look them up. If anyone else has any suggestions I'd very much appreciate it. I'm located in the San Mateo area, so sacramento is a bit out of the way, but might work if I can ship it to them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts