WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I just picked this up off Ebay and was wondering if anyone knows about it? I know it is hand winding.

Thanks, Keith

oris.jpg

P.S. If you can not read the dial, it says: 17 Jewel, Shock Proof.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
The picture is tiny, but the style of the dial suggests a redial, likely an Indian one. Which means, that upon receiving it, better have a look at the movement- because Indian Oris watches are usually total fakes.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The picture is tiny, but the style of the dial suggests a redial, likely an Indian one. Which means, that upon receiving it, better have a look at the movement- because Indian Oris watches are usually total fakes.
My thoughts too, and I literally know NOTHING about Oris, but yes, looks like it might be a Mumbai Mauling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
This is almost certainly, at a minimum, a bad redial out of India. It would help to see what is inside it.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
This is almost certainly, at a minimum, a bad redial out of India. It would help to see what is inside it.
Actually, it could be a nice material for a bookmaking business here, for making bets about watches with dials like that- here, I'd bet it'll have an FHF 96 (or its Chinese clone) inside.

Reactions: typ73

·
Premium Member
7,571 Posts
As mentioned above, these fake Oris watches are all over eBay, along with fake Tissot, Favre Leuba, Sandoz, and a few others. Mostly from India, but sometimes the Indian sellers have partners in other countries so the seller might also be in Great Britain, for example. Hopefully you didn't pay too much, and you can just write it up to experience.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am scared to take the back off. It was cheap and from an American. That does not mean HE did not aquire it from India. Assuming I want to wear it, and it is FH 96, how many winds every morning? Do you wind it before bed? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts