WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm more of a regular on the other parts of this forum, but I bumped into this watch, and it just struck my fancy....
Basics that the seller is telling me: circa 1970, 31mm case diameter...

From what I can make out in the case back:
2506 29

Some pics:

Can anyone tell me more about this watch? Can't seem to find any info based on the two numbers above... Any shots in the dark on what it could be worth? Its a bit into the small side for me, but was looking for something to go with suit n' ties...well better than divers at least ;-) Also, would you call that aging of the dial a Patina, or an oil leak somewhere? - would you keep it in this condition - I think it looks pretty cool, but then again I'm only judging it from pics...

Thanks in Advance!,

Bob

·
Registered
9,655 Posts
Hi -

Welcome to the forum!

Yep, that's a classic well-aged Breitling, beautiful patina, classic size.

Check the sticky note at the top of the forum about watch valuations and why we don't do them.

As always, vintage watches need maintenance and if you haven't had this one attended to, please do so in order to enjoy it for the ages. :)

I'm not a Breitling expert, but looks to be early 1950s...possibly earlier.

JohnF

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Also, would you call that aging of the dial a Patina, or an oil leak somewhere? - would you keep it in this condition - I think it looks pretty cool, but then again I'm only judging it from pics...
That's a very nice watch. Yes its patina - opinions vary as to its desirability, but its part of the age of the watch. Getting the dial refinished would lower the desirability - and therefore value - to most collectors. keep it as it is.:-!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts