WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about the polar explorer. I've been spending most of my time wearing a vintage sub, and a couple of ultra thin's. I used to love wearing a PO 2201.50, which has spent most of the last six months in a drawer. I went to try on the 216570 earlier this week, and it felt big and heavy to me. When I got home, my PO also felt big and heavy. So I think that my impression of the watch was skewed by what I've been wearing recently. Does anyone have both the 2201.50 and the current Explorer II? I'd love to hear your thoughts on how they compare, and maybe see some comparative wrist shots. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Can anyone tell/show me how a 216570 wears compared to an Omega Planet Ocean ...

Here ya go.... I think they both feel the same in regards to weight. I do think the explorer wears a tad larger for 42 when I look directly at the watch while on my wrist. Seeing on my wrist in a mirror or photo it looks about the same size. All in all a great combo to have.

Ebony and ivory, living together.....

Let me know how these look for you. I can try to do a better apples to apples shot later.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Can anyone tell/show me how a 216570 wears compared to an Omega Planet Ocean ...

Thanks very much for posting. I wondered if it was just me, but I felt like the explorer wore a little larger than the PO as well. Maybe it's because the bezel on the PO is only 40mm. I may look for a 16570 instead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Can anyone tell/show me how a 216570 wears compared to an Omega Planet Ocean ...

Having worn both I have always felt the Omega rested on my wrist (7.5 inch) like my Panerai 312, comfortable but a bit on the heavy side. But, that can be gotten used to. Also, forget being comfortable with a cuffed dress shirt. The PO doesn't fit well. On the other hand, the Explorer II, being less thick and with a less massive watch case, wore like it was meant to be there. No cuff problems, and I can read the polar 216570 a bit faster than the dark blue faced PO. My vote is for the Explorer II. It wears well with any color and keeps excellent time. Also, the bezel of the PO rotates too easily for GMT use on an active wrist...never a problem with the Explorer. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts