WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time AW owner, series 3 GPS, I want to leave my iPhone in my gym bag in the lockers at the gym. I then want to stream pandora from my AW on the gym floor. Doesn’t AW have WiFi capability m? Can this be done? Why or why not? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,165 Posts
I don't think it can, not from what I'm reading elsewhere (I don't even have Bluetooth earphones to try for myself).

Pandora would need two things to work. One is for it to be a native AW app. That is, an app fully resides on the AW itself, instead of just serving as a notification screen & controller for an iPhone-based app.

The other thing would be a way for the AW to log onto Wifi. This isn't an issue at home because, like your phone, it can store the necessary credentials (which are automatically transferred from your phone) and log onto your network automatically. Most public Wifi networks, however, use a login screen -- you've seen them, where they have the business's name, some Terms & Conditions, and an "Agree" button. These normally aren't usable on the AW.

I'm sure it's in the works, though, if it's not already possible.

You can try it out for yourself at home. Load the Pandora app onto the AW, then switch your iPhone to Airplane Mode. When your AW connects to your home Wifi, it'll have a cloud icon [edit - now in watchOS 4, a WiFi icon] replacing the phone icon on the Control Center screen. Try launching the AW's Pandora app after that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts