WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to add a GMT to my collection, but there’s not a whole lot of options. A lot of them are in the 41-42mm range, as well. My wrist is 6.5”, and I’ve narrowed down to the Longines Zulu GMT and the Black Bay GMT. Really like the Zulu but do like the classic look of the Tudor. Are these too big or can I get away wearing them

Watch Hand Arm Analog watch Gesture
Watch Hand Arm Analog watch Gesture

For reference, here’s my Speedmaster.

Watch Hand Analog watch Arm Gesture

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
They look fairly large but you can get away with it. The longines looks bigger than the GMT to my eyes.

Go for the Tudor. I love Longines but there’s too much going on with that model. It won’t age very well. Just my opinion of course. Best of luck choosing

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both are way too big for you. There are quite a few GMT watches in the 36-40mm range that will fit you well. Check out brands like Christopher Ward, Glycine, Nomos, and Sinn for some reasonably sized GMT options.
I have a Tangente 35mm but thought their world timer was larger? Very long lugs I thought, but will check their site. The Sinn UTC I wasn’t sure if it was a true GMT? Christopher Ward I’m not really a fan of. Wondering if I can get away with the Tudor or Longines with a leather strap instead of the bracelet, have checked some pics online and it seems the lugs - at least on the Longines - the lugs do overhang a little regardless of wrist size. Unless I’ve just seen it on small wrists

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have a Tangente 35mm but thought their world timer was larger? Very long lugs I thought, but will check their site. The Sinn UTC I wasn’t sure if it was a true GMT? Christopher Ward I’m not really a fan of. Wondering if I can get away with the Tudor or Longines with a leather strap instead of the bracelet, have checked some pics online and it seems the lugs - at least on the Longines - the lugs do overhang a little regardless of wrist size. Unless I’ve just seen it on small wrists
I wouldn't get too hung up on the true GMT aspect of a watch. We're talking just slightly less convenient to set up the time zones on an office GMT vs a traveller GMT. Ruling out office GMT's would eliminate the vast majority of the reasonably sized options out there. Sinn's will not be traveller GMT's either.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a 6.75" wrist and the Omega Speedmaster was too big in my opinion. Could be my wrist has a slightly different shape than yours but it just always seemed way too heavy. I tried several straps and some were better than others but I could never get it to feel like a watch where I could forget it was on my wrist.

If only Tudor would produce their GMT in a 40MM it would be the dog's bollocks.

·
Premium Member
2,008 Posts
Both look big to me and I have same sized wrists. Can you get away with it? Sure. But then after the honeymoon you realize you aren't wearing it much because it's just not that comfortable. Next comes flipville. That's long experience talking.

A couple more to consider:
  • Grand Seiko SBGN series
  • Omega 2534.50

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Looking to add a GMT to my collection, but there’s not a whole lot of options. A lot of them are in the 41-42mm range, as well. My wrist is 6.5”, and I’ve narrowed down to the Longines Zulu GMT and the Black Bay GMT. Really like the Zulu but do like the classic look of the Tudor. Are these too big or can I get away wearing them

View attachment 16739325 View attachment 16739326

For reference, here’s my Speedmaster.

View attachment 16739335
Listen, if you want us to tell you if they fit, you need to take pics of the watches on your wrist, not your wife’s…..

But seriously, they look completely fine. No issues at all. Are you asking because you want re-assurance or because you think they’re not right? If it’s the latter… in the nicest way, we won’t convince you. If it’s the former… go for it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think a picture from a bit more afar would be a better reference, since close wrist shots always make the watch look bigger.
By the looks of it tho the speedy seems just about right, the other two a bit too big imho, but at the end of the day it's about the feel you have wearing them. If they're too uncomfortable they're too big otherwise get the one you like more.

Reactions: stevepow
1 - 20 of 100 Posts