WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm looking to buy a new watch. I've narrowed it down to a few. I was wondering if you guys could help me w/ the choices I've narrowed it down to or suggest something in the same price range.

:thanks
SINN 556 on Racing strap. I like Sinn and at this time I don't have a swiss automatic watch.

Tissot T-Touch. I really like the features this watch offers. I've narrowed it down to these two models.

·
Banned
661 Posts
Wow, that's 2 very different types of watches you've got picked out. Personally, I like the stripped down simplicity of the Sinn, but then I kinda like simple, easy to read watches. I'm sure either of the Tissots would be more useful, since they do have a ton of features, but I just don't dig digital watches, FWIW. I do really like the yellow face and the style of the hands on that second one, though.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
. I like Sinn and at this time I don't have a swiss automatic watch.
My vote goes to the Sinn. BTW it´s made in Germany so you´ll have to keep searching for that swiss automatic.

S

·
0 Posts
The watches aren´t to compare. They have notihing in common besides being a wrist watch. Sinn would be my only choice of those 3. Simply because those Tissot watches aren´t appealing to me, they are quartz, the hands are tot short an too thick imho (not to say they are ugly). The Sinn combines a classic Flieger touch with an overall excellent quality and it´s mechanical. :-!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The question you are asking is Quartz or Automatic and my opinion on that subject is Automatic. Besides that I really like Sinn watches.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
I will echo the comments above. The Tissot's don't do anything for me. I am a Sinn fan/owner and they make very nice watches. While it is a German watch, it does have a Swiss Auto Movement.

Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Well those are all great choices, but they are very different watches functionally. And all three don't fall into the "swiss automatic watch" category, so you still won't have one if you buy either of those watches.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
All biases aside, the Sinn is probably more 'elegant', or 'classic', however, I think those T-Touches are a very unique, interesting watch. My personal experience with thermometer/barometer features in a watch is that they aren't that accurate, so i'd steer you towards the Sinn, too. (I had a Casio Pathfinder, which was ultra cool, had a therm/baro/altimeter but i'd have to calibrate it alot. )

Remember, the most important thing is that it's your wrist, so you have to be happy with what's on there, not the rest of the world! :-!

·
Banned
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very true, I'm just adding a watch to the small lil collection I have. I like the both for different reasons. I think I can score the Tissot about $350 cheaper on Amazon. I was wanting to get a SINN 903, but the ol' Christmas bonus just did not do it for me this year.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Have not seen that Sinn before, its gorgeous. Does that one have tegimented steel?

Does sinn have their own movements?

S

·
0 Posts
Have not seen that Sinn before, its gorgeous. Does that one have tegimented steel?

NO!

Does sinn have their own movements?

NO again.

·
Registered
715 Posts
The Tissots are just to "gadgety" for me.
Which is why I bought mine (dup of the 2nd on the 1st post) :-d.

Seriously, I've used every function on the Tissot and been pleased with the information while recognizing its limitations. Mine has been reliable, keeping the best time of any watch in my meager collection. My only complaint is that the minute hand can get lost in the rest of the dial busyness (as opposed to business ;-)) when I'm not wearing my reading glasses. It is a very effective tool watch that is fun as well.

Still if I were in DeiselGeek's shoes and I had to decide, I think I'd spring for the Sinn 1st and get the T-Touch later. A U-1 is on my grail list.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Buy the Sinn. First, it's the classiest of those you picked. Second, it will hold its value much better. Third, I've heard of too many problems with the T-touches breaking. Fourth, the Sinn is a nicer looking and more striking watch. Fifth, the Sinn is far less common than the Tissot.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I LOVE the Sinn. I would say get the Sinn!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts