WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I am new to this forum, and I hope I post my question in the correct section

I have a wristwatch. Some of the links in the bracelet have arrows, some others don't. I know that we can remove the ones which have arrows on them. However, I messed up, and I ended up damaged one of the link which has no arrow on it. I intend to remove it, and replace it with another one which has arrow (I have some of them laying around because I have shortened the bracelet). Can I do that?

ok, the watch is ar 5891. this is the picture:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/emporio-armani-mens-watch-women-watches-ar5890-ar5891-523350437

Scroll down until the last image, where you can see the sideways view of the bracelet. You can see the links and pins. All of these pins and links look similar. you can't see it from that image, but the ones near watch body don't have arrows, and the one near the straps have arrows. do you think they can be replaced? (I think the image is a fake watch LOL. But my links and pins look similar to the ones in the picture.)

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
With the limited amount of information you've given on this problem, I'll thrown in my 2 cents!!
I have no idea if the links you say have no arrows are the same size as the ones with arrows (some are not); some links are not meant to be removed; some links on other watches are a 'pin and collar' system that can be very tricky to do.
I would suggest that you do some research on link removal in general, maybe then do a 'watch specific' link removal.
If you do some irreparable damage to a bracelet, you will have to buy a new one and if it's an odd watch or a not-real-popular brand you'll have a hard time finding anything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the limited amount of information you've given on this problem, I'll thrown in my 2 cents!!
I have no idea if the links you say have no arrows are the same size as the ones with arrows (some are not); some links are not meant to be removed; some links on other watches are a 'pin and collar' system that can be very tricky to do.
I would suggest that you do some research on link removal in general, maybe then do a 'watch specific' link removal.
If you do some irreparable damage to a bracelet, you will have to buy a new one and if it's an odd watch or a not-real-popular brand you'll have a hard time finding anything.
yes, they have the same sizes, and they also have pins like the ones with arrows. can you help me more? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Yes, you can replace the ruined link with one that was meant for removal, assuming the links are all the same size (many bracelets taper, and the links get smaller), and the pin collars are drilled to the same diameter.

No pictures and no description of the actual watch in question make providing a solid answer near impossible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you can replace the ruined link with one that was meant for removal, assuming the links are all the same size (many bracelets taper, and the links get smaller), and the pin collars are drilled to the same diameter.

No pictures and no description of the actual watch in question make providing a solid answer near impossible.
ok, the watch is ar 5891. this is the picture: Emporio Armani mens Watch women Watches AR5890 AR5891 for sale

Scroll down until the last image, where you can see the sideways view of the bracelet. You can see the links and pins. All of these pins and links look similar. you can't see it from that image, but the ones near watch body don't have arrows, and the one near the straps have arrows. do you think they can be replaced? (I think the image is a fake watch LOL. But my links and pins look similar to the ones in the picture.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts