WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody here requested before, or know about whether or not we could ask them to "change" the hand not to a new one but to a different one?

For example, I have this watch that has a dauphine hour/minute hand. And I send this for maintenance to the official brand service center in Europe. Can I ask them to give me a blued hands instead, with additional cost naturally? Or is this violating some of their rules?

Well technically it is only using genuine parts, right...?

Do manufacturers allow custom-changed hands, as long as it is using the genuine OEM parts?

cheers

·
Moderator at Large
54,047 Posts
You need to ask the manufacturer in advance. Some do, some do not. And yes, it might be against their policy. Of course the "other" hand needs to fit the pivot.

·
Premium Member
21,707 Posts
It depends on the brand, which one do you have in mind?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need to ask the manufacturer in advance. Some do, some do not. And yes, it might be against their policy. Of course the "other" hand needs to fit the pivot.

I thought so. Thank you again Mike!

It depends on the brand, which one do you have in mind?

I was thinking of Glashutte Original. :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GO, you should have mentioned that in your first post. NO WAY would have been the answer then.
Dayum, I see. Maybe you were implying that high-end brands don't allow them in general? Thanks Mike!

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
A skilled watchmaker can manufacture any hands you like from scratch and switch them. I'm pretty sure you can also obtain original hands, if you are prepared to pay enough (which of course could easily translate in too much).

·
Premium Member
21,707 Posts
Generally, I expect the answer to the question to be no if it's a Rolex or a brand associated with the Swatch or Richemont groups.

·
Registered
512 Posts
why would you not ask them first?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts