WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My Oris TT1 ends up about 10 seconds too fast every 12 hours and was wondering if it can be slowed to by a watch dealer? What's the best I could expect - 5 seconds too fast every 24 hours perhaps?

Kind Regards.

santasmile

·
1,263 Posts
Yes, any watchmaker can regulate your movement. In fact, you can do it yourself if you are brave enough.

You just turn the adjustment screw towards + or - to speed up or slow down the movement. I would bet you can easily get it to within 5 seconds per day. Most of my Oris watches run about +5 to +10 each day.

Here is a picture that shows the adjustment screw.

Just above the jewel you can see the "+" and "-".

Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Chris.

I think I am brave enough. Two questions however: How do I get the back off my watch and how much should I turn the screw?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thanks for the reply Chris.

I think I am brave enough. Two questions however: How do I get the back off my watch and how much should I turn the screw?
You need a case back opener do a auction search of "jaxa opener" and you get like a hundred hits.

Get some decent jewelers screwdrivers too...

Be very careful, work in a dust free environment etc...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, just ordered some screw drivers and a jaxa opener from eBay. Is there a book or online guide about this sort of thing anywhere? About the screw also, how much should I turn it?

Regards!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It has generally always been too fast. I think it was probably less than 10 seconds in November, but I can't be sure of that. It's always been too fast.

How do I know if my watch has been magnetized?

:roll:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hi all,

Thanks for your help so far. I managed to find a watch dealer yesterday who could tinker with my watch (without having to send it away for two weeks :roll:)

Anyway, the guy said that it '+/-' screw didn't turn back very far. He turned it all the way back and from what I can see (so far) it's two/three seconds too fast every 14 hours. He said if I want it slower he would have to tinker with it 'manually' whatever that means.

Should I be satisfied with what it is like just now?

:-s

·
Registered
742 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for your help so far. I managed to find a watch dealer yesterday who could tinker with my watch (without having to send it away for two weeks :roll:)

Anyway, the guy said that it '+/-' screw didn't turn back very far. He turned it all the way back and from what I can see (so far) it's two/three seconds too fast every 14 hours. He said if I want it slower he would have to tinker with it 'manually' whatever that means.

Should I be satisfied with what it is like just now?

:-s
Your within COSC now at about +5 seconds / day. I would live with that, not to bad at all now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should be happy really. It about 3 seconds too fast now and it's been almost 19 hours. Not bad!

I can live with that! :-d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts