WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the site so hopefully I'm not doing anything wrong by posting in this section I received this watch from an auction and I cannot find any Maker's Mark all icy inscribed in the back is Goldsmith's VIP service stores and I'll put down a couple pictures it's a non-magnetic incabloc. It also has the numbers 1806 in between the lugs at the six position under the sub dial also the inside of the case back is marked 31806

Attachments

·
Registered
7,728 Posts
Looks like it says something here

·
Registered
197 Posts
It may be a movement inside a case of different manufacture, which was common at one time, and the norm in the early days of watchmaking; plus lots of movements have later been put in different cases for a variety of reasons, everything from an owner wanting to upgrade to a more contemporary style case, to people with access to old parts putting together "frankenwatches" in an attempt to defraud buyers of vintage watches. I've seen cases that were sold by watch and jewelry industry suppliers, with their own markings in them - whoever actually made them - which watch repairmen and jewelry stores could then use to re-case older movements or even to build their own new watches with standard movements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts