WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
Oh hey! You posted this on my other thread! When I was asking about the snowflake :D
Really? here in WUS? It was taken during my last foreign trip (Sapporo, Feb 2020). Then the pandemic happened. I call it “snowflake on snowflakes”. :)

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
the SLA017? I was shocked when I first learned that Seikos can reach that price point too. Any thoughts on the SPB213? Was gonna buy that instead of this SPB143 but couldn't wait til end of june haha.
17 and 37
1EA2C6C8-A011-4CF0-BE72-E4B6D67F3F91.jpeg

what does the 213 look like? I retired from Seiko collecting last year. :)

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
I recently had this same thought. Been seeing more and more threads pop up from new users with extremely grainy and obscured watch pics asking to identify the watch.
I think it is very unlikely that a thief is gonna encounter someone at random, take a few sneak shots, post on an online forum, wait a day or two for a definitive answer and then... ? Try to locate the person again at random? Or, if he does know where the target lives, then the entire burglary hinges upon $10-20k worth of watches?

Seems implausible to me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I think it is very unlikely that a thief is gonna encounter someone at random, take a few sneak shots, post on an online forum, wait a day or two for a definitive answer and then... ? Try to locate the person again at random? Or, if he does know where the target lives, then the entire burglary hinges upon $10-20k worth of watches?

Seems implausible to me.
Exactly. It's also not like they'll just leave those watches outside. Or would they? hmmm now this is giving me some ideas. And where would I even sell it? Any recommendations? /s

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
that’s nice. Seiko came out with several nice white dial watches recently.
While i'm satisfied with my spb143 I do like the 213 too. I'm tempted to buy one but I think i'm just gonna save up my money so I can buy a rolex haha or at the very least a seamaster in the future.

·
Premium Member
11,793 Posts
While i'm satisfied with my spb143 I do like the 213 too. I'm tempted to buy one but I think i'm just gonna save up my money so I can buy a rolex haha or at the very least a seamaster in the future.
power of AND, not tyranny of OR.

Seiko, Rolex and Omega. Theyre all good. And nice to have. Good luck collecting.

·
Registered
116 Posts

Seems implausible to me.
You don't think people have done far more work to steal far less valuable things? You make it sound like it's a ton of work.

I'll grant you, this wouldn't work for someone who's looking to mug somebody on the spot. But to snap a few sneak shots and post them online would take what? 30 mins? Less? If the thief has a mark with a regular routine that they choose to track (at a coffee shop? Favorite restaurant? Their home?), what's it to them to wait a couple of days to find out if it's worth the risk to attempt the theft?

And yes, 100% absolutely, I see people doing this for a $10K watch. Especially because the odds are pretty decent that if their target is rocking a $10K watch, there's more to be had on their person, or more likely at their home.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Exactly. It's also not like they'll just leave those watches outside. Or would they? hmmm now this is giving me some ideas. And where would I even sell it? Any recommendations? /s
Leave the watches outside? Are you trying to say the watches need to be unattended to be stolen? You don't think they can steal them off your arm?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts